How long do you cook

@ersmommy1 (12596)
pork chops when you pan fry them. I mean how long on each side? I usually bake or broil mine. But my hubby burned some fish sticks yesterday and the oven still has a smell. So until I can get to the cleaning, I thought I'd pan fry them.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
That is what I do mostly is bake or broil them. I have panned fried but usually in a electric skillet which can be totally different cooking times then a pan on a stove. Then you have to figure of it is gas or electric heat cause it takes longer when I cook on my moms gas stove then on my electric one. But I would say the range of cooking time would be about 7-10 minutes on each side since it needs to be well done.
@stephcjh (32327)
I really do not time my pork chops when I fry them in a pan. I just make sure that they ar crispy on the outside and golden brown on both sides.
I cook them and flip them on medium heat until they look done. Then I cut them open to ensure there is no pink. I guess, for me, it is not an exact science. :)
@lilybug (21145)
I don't pan fry mine. I cook mine the way an old cook book I have says to. You take a pan, NOT a non stick one and crank the heat up with nothing in it except a piece of plain white paper. When the paper starts to brown you turn the heat down to medium-low heat and you put your chops right in the pan. No oil! Cover it and cook for about 30-35 minutes. Flip and cook about 10 minutes more. You get nice brown chops, but no added fat. I do chicken that way sometimes too.
You know what? I never really paid any attention to how long I let my pork chops cook on each side. I guess it also depends on how slow or fast you cook it. I cook mine in an electric hot plate, which is a pretty deep skillet I fry my food in. I don't know exactly how many minutes it takes coz I be off doing something else until I just get that feeling that it's ready to flip over. I cook by instinct, I never time anything. My instinct is always right.
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
of course it depends on how thick they are. i like to roll them in flour, salt & pepper. brown them on both sides , pour a litlle water over them , cover then & let them cook till tender. i also like to fis them in the oven w/golden musroom suop. i cut onions. celery. a tomato & potatoes & let them cook for about an hour in the oven. good!!