Have you ever tried these with your old newspaper?

@krupesh (2608)
Do you just place your old newspaper in the trash?Well read this to find oput how wisely we can use this instead. 1.Quick& easy clean up -- lay folded newspaper on the table before you cut messy fruit or vegetable.Once done just fold up & throw away. 2.Floor covers --- place several folded newpapers on the floor of your vehicle.It will absorb water & help keep mud & dirt off the carpet. 3.Table padding --- place several sheets of old newspaper on your dining table.Then place a table cloth over them.The newspaper acts like a padding protecting the table from spills & other damage. 4.Stinky shoes --- make balls of old newspaper & put them inside your shoes & leave them for the whole night.Remove them in the morning & see for youself that the odour of your shoes will be no more. There are so many more uses of these old newpapers.Do you know some more?
@lilaclady (28236)
There is some very good ideas there, I have used a lot of old newspapers on my gargen then top mulsh on top it stops the weeds coming through..and i remember the days fish and chip shops used to wrap our fish and chips up in newpaper until it was put down as a health issue...people used to take all their old newspaper to their friendly chippy then someone asked the question how many people read the paper in the toilet...many..then a lot of those newspapers were taken to the the local chippy....hahahahah i am glad they don't do it anymore..
@mysdianait (65070)
mmmmmmmmmm those were the days!
@TnWoman (1896)
hello krupesh i use old newspaper like that to clean window surfaces with. newspaper does an excellent job and doesn't streak the windows or mirrors and does not leave any fuss on the windows or mirrros either. and i also like to use old newspaper when baking and kind of cookies, instead of using wire racks, to cool your cookies off on, put the warm cookies directly onto a piece of newspaper. the cleanup is easy and you do not have to worry about cleaning and washing up the wire racks. take care and have a beautiful evening.
@krupesh (2608)
To cool off the cookies is a nice idea.Thanks.Take care too
@thezone (9447)
I have to agree on that one, newspaper to clean windows, glass and mirrored surfaces is the best.
I like your way not to waste the old newspaper. It is good for our environment. Usually we just pack up the old newspaper and then put them to the recycle collection place. I love China
@mysdianait (65070)
I very rarely even buy a newspaper these days. I seem to read the news online or hear it on the televison but those are certainly some very useful tips you give there!
@tjades (3591)
• Jamaica
We store our old news paper as we use them for many things. Well mainly cleaning. I see where a few of the earlier respondents mentioned the use of the news paper to clean glass. It really does a wonderful job. Wen using it to clean glas though I usually just sort of get it really crumpled some what tissue like and use it to buffer or shine after cleaning the glass. The last use you mentioned is really new to me. I'll certainly try it sometime when I feel my shoes need a bit of airing out.
thank you for sharing the ways of making the best usese of old newspaper. i especially like the 4th way. my feet sweat alot so my shoes always smell. i will give it a good try.
Hi Krupesh, I am familiar with your first suggestion. In fact, whenever I prepare ginko nuts by plucking off their shells, I will have a folded piece of newspaper as stand-by. It's convenient, I agree! Your fourth suggestion, maybe I should try using tomorrow. Regarding old newspapers, indeed, there are many uses. In my opinion, we can make art pieces out of them. Secondly, when we have to chop a cooked chicken, we may lay pieces of newspaper at the bottom of the chopping board, on the floor, to prevent any juice from staining the floor.
@gracie04 (4554)
Yes.. in fact newspaper has lots of uses.. -i've tried utilizing it as rug. - plastic chair cover - floor cover - wrapping purposes(wrapping old things in the house)
@maean_19 (4660)
There are just too many uses of old newspapers. Look for good images or even your favorite topics, news or lifestyle article. You can make use of those as clippings or make it as a table cover then top with a clear or transparent celluloid or table glass. Old newspaper is also good for cleaning glass windows. Crumple it and place it in a basin of water. There, you can clean your glass windows with it like sponge. Thank you for the other suggestions. I may apply it.
@barehugs (8984)
I had an old Uncle (once) who lived alone and never married. He never wiped the table. He would just place a sheet of newspaper on the table to cover the food spills. Some times his table would be inches thick with old papers. If he ever wanted to remember what happened 10 or 12 years ago it was all there on his table. Isn't this a wonderful idea for seniors as they get older and more forgetful?