Is there anything that cant go in a salad?

I mix all kinds of fruits and veggies in my salads. I like ranch dressing. How do you make your salads and what is your favorite dressing? Have you tried making a salad with walnuts? Is there anything that you wont put into your salad?
@jillhill (37379)
Yes...beets...they taste like dirt....and when I visited Belguim I went out for lunch with my daughters and we ordered salads...well...we weren't sure what we ordered until it came and I tell you they put everything imaginable on a salad over there! Including beets! Yuck. But for the most part I love salads and will venture into the zone of anything goes....almost that is! LOL
Ok, If I ever go there, I will remember to say, please dont put beets in my salads lol I dont think the taste of dirt is what I would be looking for , I can certainly understand why didnt care for this.
hi eaforeman6...i guess it comes down to what you like and don't like. i don't like kidney beans so i wouldn't put them on a salad. i don't like liver so i sure wouldn't put that on a salad. i hate caviar and anchovies so no way would i want them in the house let alone on a salad.
When kidney beans are cooked in butter, they are so good, at least thats what I think...lol I have never seen them taste so good as when they are just cooked in real butter or even margerine.
hehe good for you.beans give me pain in my stomach. so you can have all of mine. the world of beans is yours.
But, But, But, beans will give us gas lol hahahhahahah you knew I would say that , now didnt you? Pass the beano first please lol hahahahhahahahhaha
At home I make the triditional salad with lettuce, tomato an cucumber and other salad stuff. My hubby does not like the exotic stuff in the salads nor fruit.
I am glad that I enjoy them since they are so good for us. Appreciate the response! I also like cucumbers in vinegar and veggies have helped alot with my dieting.
I am home now and looking forward to continue to answer your discussions
My sister makes a great cucumber salad. I really enjoy it. I am glad that you are home and look forward to having many more discussions with you! interesting . Hope you have a great day my lotting! Best wish's and appreciate you sharing.and Happy my lotting!
@wolfie34 (26791)
The only thing that won't go into my salad is pasta, I hate the stuff with a vengeance, yuk! I know pasta does go well in salad but not for me. I don't like fruit in my salad to be honest. I like good old salad cream as my dressing, with coleslaw (home made is best with ground pepper on top!) I love the salad season, so healthy, when vegetables are in abundance and even tastier when they are home grown.
@wolfie34 (26791)
I would be more than happy to oblige my friend, then a dvd afterwards and don't forget the hot chocolate too ;0)
Its so funny, my fathers side is Italian but my mom's side well they were the Corby's, which I am told is Irish Looks more Scotish, from what I have seen on the internet ,and yet my Mom's dad was Walker, so , can that be English? I have no idea for sure.....
@sandymay48 (2031)
Hi there eaforeman6....I love all kinds of salads..As long as it has big chunks of cheddar cheese in it, then its good! I love a big bowl of raisins mixed with grapes and cheddar cheese and mixed together with yogurt and mini coloured marshmallows! I do love onions, but sadly they dont like me! I would love to open a restaurant thats just a salad bar only..and call it the Salad Bowl. Serve nothing but salad!! All kinds of weird and wonderful salad!..Afterall, life is like a salad. We get mixed and tossed and turned all our life!
I love your post. You are right. Life is a salad. It always will be. Your salad idea is making me hungry now. Sounds delicous and very pretty to serve, sort of like a party salad. mmmmmmmm Appreciate the response.....
@faith210 (11233)
Hi eaforeman6! Oh I do love vegetable and fruit salads. I guess, I do enjoy all kinds whether it is creamy or sweet and sour..really does not matter with me and I think I haven't been so limited, choosy or restricted in what I want to put on my salads. lol Take care and have a great day! lovelots..faith
You and I would do well at the soup and salad dining establishment lol Me too! Its delicious and healthier....not a bad deal.! Great to hear from you Faith, and hope that you are having a nice evening!
@Chevee (5915)
I saw your discussion and it brought back a memory that one of my male supervisors had said once. His wife was trying to help him to loose weight and she had fixed him a salad. He added so much stuff to that salad after she had finish fixing it for him. He said she told him, "you are the only one I know that can make a salad unhealthy."
Thats so cute, and yes, it sounds like me lol I do get carried away, putting so many things in salads lol But that is one of my bad habits lol
I won't put onions in my salad. I know a lot of restaurants do that, but I don't like them at all. The taste is too strong for me. I like almost all kinds of salad dressing, but prefer the kinds that are naturally lower in fat. I also don't put olives in my salad. But I don't like olives in anything, so that isn't saying much.
I dont think they should add the onions to salads without asking because they are very strong. I do like all the olives and I usualy put alot of them. I put everything in my salads, so for me theres not much that dosent get tossed into the salads.
@tyc415 (5706)
At home I just eat a lettuce and tomato salad, sometimes I will put some cucumber, radishes, cheese, sometimes green onion and croutons. My favorite dressing is French, not the red french but the good old orange, thick French dressing. I also like fruit salads and also pasta salads. If there are nuts in any of my salad I would prefer to have chopped up pecans in the fruit salad. I am sure there are some things I would not put in my salads but right now can't think of any except for beets.
I like to make pasta salads. I make huge ones and also put alo in them. I like making them for company too. I usualy buy the colored pastas. You have some really good salad ideas lol and its sounds delicious!
Nope, not that I can think of. They are pretty much the only versitle lunch or dinner meal that can include anything in it. A salad is like a pizza in this way. All you have to do is throw in leftovers and WOW! there is your next meal!
your right. We could have a salad meal each week and it saves leftovers and its delicious. Good idea, and I am glad that you thought of it . Appreciate the response.