Doctors use Cathers on theirself when operating on Patients~~~

@marciascott (25553)
I never knew this did you? I suppose when they are operating on a patient, they mi9ght be operating for hours at a time. I had a conversation with my Girlfriend from California. We were talking about her Girl worked in the Operating room, and she told her the Doctors had to use Cathers, She was a Sugercal assist. I tell you you learn something new everyday! It makes sense though.I just thought I would share this with everyone.
@gemini_rose (16192)
Huh I did not know that! Well yes, I suppose it does make sense, especially if they have a really long operation to perform, they cannot just be nipping off to the loo during it! Thanx for sharing that!
@redhotpogo (4433)
Oh that might be good to use when I'm on mylot.
@marciascott (25553)
Haha, Yes while your making pennies! good Idea!!! Always good to have Humor! Have a good day!
you too. take care.
@riyasam (16570)
i didnt kthis.theres always someother doctor to relieve the operating doctor.ofcourse,i have not done operation which take long hours but this is news to me(i will check it out)
@marciascott (25553)
I didn't know this either. it make a lot of sense though!
@JoyfulOne (6242)
I never really thought about this before, but in some of those really long operations, it makes perfect sense. How often do we hear of operations taking 8 hours or more?! It's not like they can just say 'excuse me...gotta take a whizz break' lol. Have to give those Drs a lot of credit, with some of those operations being many hours long, it's got to be hard standing there maintaining concentration and precision. I can see where a bathroom break would be necessary, but not in the patients best interest. Seems they've hit upon a good solution :-)
@marciascott (25553)
Hi Joy this is a very good Solution. I never thought about it untill my girl-friend and I were talking about Surgercial Techs. That when she told me her girl-friend told her this is what the Doctors do. it does make since. have a good day! I have to go to the bank to get some things straight out. I will chat with you later.
It is intersting the things our doctors have to do in order to do their job properly. I've also heard that surgeons are often put onto hydration and energy drips too so that they don't have to stop and eat/drink while saving a persons life. I guess over time, they get used to doing things that way and are comfortable with it.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi ya marcia I am assuming that you ate actually talking about catheters? It's not like a surgeon can stop what he/she is doing in the middle of surgery in order to visit the bathroom so it certainly makes sense to me! Thank you for sharing this information with me, they say that you learn something new everyday and I certainly did today marcia - thanks
It does make perfect sense considering that if the operating physician had to answer the call of nature right in the middle of a procedure they would have to leave, let someone take over, then have to scrub again (which takes time). The assistants may have to use the same idea or maybe an adult diaper. I am not sure I would be able to hold back the "call" if it were me.