Yay half term a week off school!!

@gemini_rose (16192)
At last it is half term, it seems to have taken ages to get here from christmas and I could tell it was coming because I have been so tired this week and have overslept twice! But it is here and so I have a week of not having to get up early, of not having to go out in all kinds of weather to walk to school and I get to spend some time with the kids! Great!! Anyone else's kids broke up for half term yet? Do you find you get tired when you know the holidays are approaching?
@katsmeow1213 (28926)
My kids will be off all next week, and I'm dreading it. While it does mean that I may be able to sleep a little longer some days, because the older kids help keep an eye on the younger ones for me, it also means I have a lot more stress to deal with. Each of the children are far more miserable when they're all home together. They all get on each other's nerves, make each other scream and cry, and with all 5 of them at each other's throats all day everyday, I have a hard time dealing with it. Basically it just brings out the worst in all of us. And to make matters worse, hubby will not have a day off next week as he usually does, because he's taking off Saturday so we can go on a little trip.
@gemini_rose (16192)
I am sorry to hear that you are dreading it! Mine are not always good but for the most part they are ok in their hols. Mind you now I have said that they will be little devils!!!
Have you got any plans for half term?? I haven't got any kids but I have had this week off work to use my weeks holidays. It has been great laying in til 10am and not having to rush and go to work. Though I have still been working at my second job but that is evenings and I gave one of those shifts to another staff so I could spend some more time with BF. Ive got 2 weeks of in march as well so cant wait for those, one of those weeks will be spending time organising my engagement party and getting ready to meet some family members!!!
@gemini_rose (16192)
No, no plans hun just stopping at home for the week, hubby lost his job last week so he will be job hunting all week bless him.
@TnWoman (1896)
hello gemini_rose i know what you mean about having a week off from not having to get up early in the mornings like that. isn't it a nice feeling? and towards the end of next week, my two boys will be on Spring break around here where that we live, and we will all have a total of ten days off from school and i will not work at my part-time job during that time either. so all three of us turkeys will not have to get up early here either soon in about seven more working days. whoo hoo! but at the same time with me being off from work at my job due to Spring break being here that also means that i will not get paid anything for that week at all. but oh well, things always seem to work out thou. and i will enjoy the time off starting in on my Spring cleaning and also hanging out around here at Mylot. take care and have a beautiful evening.