You studied this in college.

@Lore2009 (7387)
If you went to college or school after high school, what was your major? Why did you choose this major? Did you change your major? Is it benefiting you today? Which school did you go to?
@Bebs08 (10687)
well, when I first started in college I enrolled in Education major in English but I realize that my chances of being hired is very slim in that area so, I changed into Elementary education.. I did graduated as Elementary education teacher and right after my graduation I was hired. I work 16 years as elem school teacher and stop teaching when I migrated to US.. I am not working for almost 3 years now. Still looking for one hopefully soon.
@Lore2009 (7387)
Oh wow, you must be an expert. Is it difficult finding a job in the US in that field?
@Bebs08 (10687)
It's not difficult to find a teaching job in US if you are license to teach. I mean you need to take a state license or be certified in the state where you live. Teachers are needed here but the only thing I don't like is that.. kids here are different from where I was teaching before. Might be hard to adjust.. lol
@Lore2009 (7387)
Oh sure, that is certainly true and understandable! Hope you find a good balance of both...
I studied sociology for school in Washington state. It was interesting to me so I did it.
@Lore2009 (7387)
Hey, I'm thinking of studying sociology too. Have you found a good profession with your degree?
I am now a teacher. It isn't really related to sociology, but it's a good job, so it worked out.
@Lore2009 (7387)
I'm interested in teaching too! Do you teach children?
@katb28 (225)
i studied performing arts at colledge as i was going to take up acting but i had my first child not long after i had finised my studies, i went to a colledge in the uk
@Lore2009 (7387)
Do you use what you studied from acting nowadays, like through parenting or etc?
@katb28 (225)
i do use it quite a lot im also a sunday school teacher as well as a parent so it has come in very handy
@Lore2009 (7387)
Sounds like a lot of fun and rewarding.
@savypat (20245)
I started in science and switched to business. That is where I stayed even though it took me 6 years instead of 4 due to the change. College is run much differently now, my granddaughter was there 4 years and came out with 2 BA's at graduation. And this was from a major college on the West Coast.
@Lore2009 (7387)
Wow, you daughter is an over achiever! Good for her! So how did business or science benefit you in the later years?
@savypat (20245)
I went into banking and used the business skills, and the science I used to make sure my family had good diets.
@Lore2009 (7387)
That sounds very useful.
finance cuz im interested in hwpo hte buisness workks and im not good at the high eng math happy lotting and have a nice day!
@Lore2009 (7387)
That' would be beneficial because everything moves with money!! Good luck.
yeah hopefully :D
I can say that i am in college at the moment and am going for my AA in Businesss Administration. I hope to be done this year. I would like to go out in the world and get a good job one day. There arent alot of jobs around town at the moment so im unemployed and still trying to get a job but going to school is something i know i need to do. The school i went to is Keiser im not sure if this is offered only in Florida or around the world. They offer classes online or in there school.
@Lore2009 (7387)
Oh, good luck with school! It's tough but worth it... I'm planning to go back. Because of the economy, there are less and less jobs, but hopefully they will make more by the time you graduate. Business is broad so you should find a job quick. Good luck!
I am currently attending classes in the University of Santo Tomas, and I am a second year college student taking up Accountancy. I chose this not because I wanted this course, rather merely out of convenience. I am honest if I'd tell you we aren't well off enough to be sent into the most elite of universities, and UST was the only one that had good quality education at a price we can afford. My father forced this course on me since he wanted a CPA-Laywer for a child.
@Lore2009 (7387)
Are you ok with your father's choice? If you could have chose, would you have chosen something different?
@sdwfstone (130)
my major is math i choose it because i have to choose it,because i have no other choice i didn't change it all along my college life i think the math make my thoughts more careful i went a college in China
@Lore2009 (7387)
Why did you have no other choice?