can you see the stars where you are?

@katsalot1 (1619)
There is so much light pollution now, that in a lot of places you can't see the stars any more. Where I live, it is on the outskirts of a small town, so although there is often an orange glow in the sky, you can see the stars on a clear night. How about you?
I guess I'm lucky enough to live in a place where there's not too much pollution and stars can definitely be seen from where we live. it's true how pollution just destroys the beauty of the Earth and it's just so sad. we only have one world, one earth. I would think people would take care of it instead of taking advantage of what we have. it's scary to think that we could wake up one morning and the world is utterly destroyed.
@katsalot1 (1619)
The problem is that most people don't think of light pollution as pollution. Everyone wants street lights.
I live in Mexico and to me the sky is much different here. The stars are so big and bright. Sitting under the stars , looking up at them you get the feel of just how small we really are, same feeling I get when I stand next to the ocean . Oh and looking out at the sky over the ocean at night is amazing! There are so many stars, and so bright ! You almost feel like you could touch them.
@katsalot1 (1619)
Yes, I agree - looking at the stars makes us realise we are just a very tiny part of something very big.
@thezone (9451)
I too am lucky where I live, that on a clear night I can see the stars clearly. I do like sometimes nothing more than on a nice evening sit out in the back yard and look to the sky.
@katsalot1 (1619)
I wish it was warm enough for that here! (UK)
@thezone (9451)
Yes that is ture we dont get the weather for it often enough. Lets just hope we have a good summer this year.
@SomeCowgirl (32264)
We live in a small town and love it here. We only usually go out at night to take the trash out but there are times that we are either going or coming back when the stars are in the sky. It's beautiful!
@katsalot1 (1619)
Which part of the world are you in?
@SomeCowgirl (32264)
East Coast, USA.
@dpk262006 (56768)
You are right now a days we get to see less stars in the unclear sky and the pollution level is so high and getting worse day by day. There are so many neon and other similar lights at night that it become difficult to guage stars. We can see stars, when there is complete darkness around us, otherwise our eyes cannot reach stars. It feels awesome to see stars at night and whenever I get an opportunity, I love watching them.
@dpk262006 (56768)
Many thanks for the best response, I am delighted. You made my day.
@balasri (26549)
Though our town is heavily polluted with emitting exhaust smoke we are lucky enough to see the stars at night still.Well I do not know how long.
@HansonFan (1659)
As I have two homes, the answer is yes and no! I go to college in a little town and we can see the stars beautifully here. They sparkle and shine for our pleasure, not that many of us actually look at them. Back at home in the city, I can see them every now and then, but most of the time its when I'm driving and cant really pay attention except to glance up and then they eyes are back on the road!
@mscott (1924)
We can see them generally. Sometimes the city lights don't allow us to see them all but if we drive a matter of minutes we can be on the outskirts of town where there arent even any street lights and we can see everything. Pollution has never been an issue for us viewing the stars.