Optimism and opportunity

China
Here is a quote from Winston Churchill "An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; a pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity." It is espcially encouraging for time of difficulty. what do you think?
@France7 (385)
I absolutely agree:) an optimist doesn't allow difficulties of life to pin him down; instead, he looks for ways on how to solve the situation whereas a pessimist focuses more on the problem and not on the solution. Thus, I make it a point to remind myself that I should always view life positively. Cheers!
@jillhill (37379)
That's for sure and I know alot of people like that..it's hard to hang around them when they are so down at the mouth all the time!
@France7 (385)
You're totally right in saying that it is also quite difficult to hang around with people who are so pessimistic about life. On the other hand, we can bless them by giving positive energies of being optimistic. Just imagine a world full of optimistic people...we can make a big difference:) thanks and happy mylotting!^^
@lynnemg (4536)
How very true those words are. I believe that an optimist finds ays to make the best out of every situation where as a pessimist refuses to see the good when it is staring them in the face. In hard times, I have seen first hand how an optimist will tend to progress forward and through the tough times before a pessimist does.
While this is one of my favorite quote, there are times when it's beyond difficult to maintain optimism. The current state of society, the economy, the stresses of micromanagement at work, and so many other things do all they can to beat the positive feelings out of us. I try not to give in, but there's an occasional very hard time of it.
@jillhill (37379)
I think that is right.....Winston Churchill has said most of my favorite sayings....Success is not final...failure is not fatal..it's the courage to continue that counts! That is my most favorite.....then Never, Ever, Ever give up! I find most things he said to be very encouraging!