Its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

@pickwick (858)
'Its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all'.Do you agree with this?I feel the other way round is correct.If one dosent fall in love there won't be a parting pain!Just want the opinion of mylotters about this.
@dpk262006 (56760)
You see parting has its charm and love has it own sweetness. If you do not fall in love, you cannot realise the real meaning of 'parting'. Positive experiences becomes important for us, because we also face negative experiences and therefore, we can compere the two.
@pickwick (858)
Yea, positive and negative seems to be sides of the same coin.Thanks for the response.
@dpk262006 (56760)
@dpk262006 (56760)
@nikky28 (1572)
Hey again Pickwick, I agree with that statement. I am of the opinion that everything has to be experienced atleast once. Love is a really great feeling and to be in love is a beautiful and intense thing to be in. To experience love in itself is a reward. It does hurt when it falls apart but atleast it is good to have tried. There is another saying, "If I had to choose between pain and nothing, I would choose pain" I think it is better to be anything else but numb and lifeless.
@pickwick (858)
Yes you are right the pain in the heart makes you feel that you are alive!Thanks for dropping your comments.
@LittleMel (14036)
I can't say it's better, but there is no way to avoid it anyway. It will happen and when it happens we will learn from it. remembering this saying will help us to stay strong, but if I could avoid failures in love, I would. Failures in anything else won't hurt me as much I will come back try again.
@pickwick (858)
You are right we cant avoid it .Love just happens and is not intentional.Good that failures dont affect you much.
@krajibg (11934)
• Guwahati, India
This is a famous quote from Coleridge. Yes I believe this to the last point of its depth. I too was in love with a girl while still a college student and it remained live foe half a decade but now no more. But the pleasant pain soothes the heart when I think about her. I wish if at all once I could meet her and ask "Hello how are you doing?" Bur no... This however dos not mean that I do not love my wife.
@pickwick (858)
I can understand how you feel.Thanks for sharing.
i think that is still one of the hardest questions. Of course everyone wants to experience love, but the loss can be so much worse. I think that personally I would rather never love at all. But in reality noone can make a clear decision on this. Because you'll never know what you're missing if you never love and if you lose your love.
@pickwick (858)
You are right delrealmonica and one does not fall in love purposely.It just happens.Thanks for the response.
@meetvivek (226)
I don't believe in the above statement because the pain that is accompanied when one loses in love is totally unbearable.As in most of the cases ,people who have gone through a breakup are generally apprehensive about getting into a new relationship.so I don't think one should just fall in love just to experience what it is.
@pickwick (858)
Thans for your veiws meetvivek.
@tatiana07 (498)
there's no gain without pain..you can feel and treasure the meaning of happiness if you'd felt pain before..pain makes you stronger in any ways.just be optimistic..just don't make that pain puts you down.
@pickwick (858)
Yes pain does indeed make a person stronger.Thanks for the response.
@lastain (79)
I had a girlfriend once. i loved her so much and had done anything that I could have done for her. but, it's now almost two years that we broke up. It was really very hard for me to cope up with the pain. she was my first girlfriend. I have no interest in having girlfriends now. But, I felt that I'm lucky because I have a sense of happiness inside me of loving someone so much even though it hasn't worked out. There is a saying ' There would have been no light if there were no darkness'. I have the opinion that loving someone should be the concern.
@pickwick (858)
Appreciate your opinion.Thanks a lot.
@chabawel (330)
It's about taking a chance. Everything in our life is about taking chances. Whether to love, to live, to survive and to go through pain whether it is from break ups, family troubles, or other failures in life. So, if by loving means going through pain in the process then, take the chance by doing so.