How did you name your kids?

@mermaidivy (15404)
I don't have children yet but sometimes I do daydream about what name we will give them. What names for boys? What names for girls? hmmm I wonder how you guys name your kids? Thank you :-)
@gxyywhyzy (450)
That's what i want to know right now.i have had my own baby and named at the time of his three-month old.I was thinking about his name through my simple idea,while I'm sure his name is unique and it contains some special meanings.
@mermaidivy (15404)
HAve you read some books or looked up on the internet, there are lost of choices, you might see one crush into your mind ;-) Good luck! Thanks for sharing!
Yes,just one crush my mind.
we looked up in the dictionary 'xin hua zi dian',it's the best way to name our babies in china.
Im having a daughter, well anytime now, and we have chosen to name her IMAN, it means faith in my husband's language and i think is a very unique name, i cant wait to see her face, because also my mom told me that when you see them for the first time usually you confirm if the name you picked out is the right one. So soon I'll know!!
@mermaidivy (15404)
Thanks for sharing! :-)
My baby boy is named Tim Johannes. My husband searched the popular names from internet, and i searched from the baby name book. So we combine the names that we liked. My husband prefers Tim and i prefer Johannes. That's how my baby name created. Have a nice day and happy mylotting.
@mermaidivy (15404)
That's not a bad idea to look up on the internet, it brainstorm your idea very quick! Thanks for sharing!
@maximax8 (30066)
My older son is called Ryan because my ex-husband liked names like Fox, Raven and Rex. I was just as bad because I liked the name Zebedee. My younger son is called Leo and he was much easier to name. I hope that I have a daughter one day and if I do I like names like Amber, Holly or Lauren.
@mermaidivy (15404)
Thanks for sharing!
Naming my son was so hard! We didnt know what we were having...we spent hours going through baby books, looking at name sites online, suggestions from freinds and family...names we just thought of and names we heard somewhere. We would have a list of girl names...and a list of boy names written down at all times. I must have went through 100 lists! Some names that went on those lists...were so far out there and a couple days later you would wonder what you were thinking. I think it happened because you get so confussed with all the choices it makes you a little crazy! lol So we went to the hospital, we still had a list of about 20 names for each...but in the end when he was born and we were holding HIM...only one name came to us both. Niklas....so thats what we called him. It's wierd after all that stress and confussion...we looked at him..and no other name would have fit. We like to think that in a way he picked it lol.
@mermaidivy (15404)
Thanks for sharing!
@daneg33 (1131)
I simply started off doing a search on the net of "most popular names" for the year. I also checked out the vital statistics sites, I chose some names that I liked and my husband and I discussed them and then we chose a name. That's how I named my kids.
@mermaidivy (15404)
That's a good idea! Thanks for sharing! I will do this reference when we have kids hehe