Bag or Buy Lunch?

@deejean06 (1953)
Do you bag or buy lunch every day? Every night I make lunches for my husband and I to take to work with us. I also make breakfast for him to take every day because he doesn't like to eat that early in the morning. This way he can have a meal when he gets to work at his leisure. I make breakfast for myself at home every morning. Both he and I have co-workers who buy breakfast and lunch every single day. It seems expensive to me but I could be wrong. What do you do? Do you make it yourself or buy breakfast and lunch every day? Am I old-fashioned to make it myself? What do you think?
@kezabelle (2984)
When I was working I always took lunch with me breakfast was eaten before i left, now im not working but my eldest just started school and you know its cheaper to pay for her school dinners than it is to buy all the extra little things to make a packed lunch every day plus its much nicer for her to have a hot meal during the day this time of year.
@deejean06 (1953)
Thanks so much - although I can't say I agree because my little one isn't in school...yet. But that is something to think about - it is nicer to have a hot meal during the day. I can always bring something and heat it in the microwave at the office. Children don't have that convenience so it's nicer to have the option of a school lunch. Thanks for the response!
@mrsl2008 (634)
Hi deejean, I always try to take lunch with me as it does get really expensive to buy your lunch whilst at work. I'd average about £3 - £4 a day when I don't take lunch with me, so over a month that soon adds up x Your not old fashioned just sensible x MrsL x
@deejean06 (1953)
Thanks so much! I was beginning to wonder which group I'm in...