I broke my cat out of sleeping in my bed. yeah me!

My cat would sleep in my bed all the time. I never liked that due to him catching mice. He always have to lay on the mice. hide them under his chest and stuff. So I started to spray in the air my air fresher. So now he will sleep at my bedroom door. The door can be open and he will not get on my bed. He will just look up at me for a while and leave. I go pick him up and play with him. But,I will not allow him on my bed again. Mice are very dirty critters. I can't bathe his tail at all.
I've actually been doing the opposite, training my cat to sleep on the bed. He used to sleep in another room most of the night, but would come in and meow really early in the morning in our room, waking up my BF (I can sleep through just about anything) which really annoyed him. Sometimes he is meowing bewcause he is hungry, but often I think he is just calling to see if we are there. When he sleeps on the bed, he usually doesn't make any noise until after one of us gets up, so we all can sleep in on the weekends. I should add that my cat is strictly indoors, so bringing us "presents" has never been a problem. He is not much of a hunter anymore anyway, being kind of old and lazy. :-)
My cat is an indoor cat as well. There is just a mouse problem where we live. My cat meows all the darn time. I put him out a bigger bowl of food just to get him a bit quieter in the am.
@jpso138 (7863)
Well, I have not any pet cat ever sine. But I do see that cats really love to get mice. I wonder why whats in the mice that makes them go for it. Well, perhaps this will be a lesson for your cat. Its either mice or your bed. Best to you!
Oh your so funny JP, I am sure he knows to catch the mice. But,stop sleeping in my bed as well.
@lilaclady (28236)
how clever are you, but i love my cat sleeping on my bed but she only does it in the cold weather and I always have her blanket there and that is where she sleeps, my cat catches mice as well but leaves them outside most times although she did bring one in one day, dropped it at my feet as to say ..here's dinner mummy....hahahahah
That was the last straw for me last month. When he dropped that live mouse at my feet. I could not take it any longer. We closed up all the holes and have not seen anymore. Thanks
nice job! That is exciting that you came up with such an effective technique for breaking her habit.