GLOBAL WARMING....and its consequences..

Somalia
How many of you have watched the movie 'Day after tomorrow' or 'The Day the earth stood still'? With the events unfolding in the news today about global changes it kinda makes us stop and think doesn't it? What if these are the things to look forward to in the future? You hear abnormally hot weather or abnormally cold ones. You have freak waves that go as high as tall buildings, in more frequency. You experience rapid changes in the environment that are making all our lives uncomfortable. Just this January we experienced an abnormally cold month in an otherwise tropical country. The good thing about these movies is that they tend to be positive, like this things simply need to pass to clease the earth and everything becomes better again. But what if these things are irreversible. That in reality we will have to contend with complete life annihilation? Are you ready to face the things that are to come?
@schulzie (4064)
I saw that movie and it is scary. I think that it could happen and it seems like many of the things that happened in that movie have already started happening here already. Thank God that I live in Florida because as I remember in that movie Florida was one of the last warm places left and everyone was trying to get there before it was too late! Very scary concept. I wonder if it does happen if it will happen in our lifetimes or our children's? Have a great day and happy myLotting!!!
I saw this movie when it came out and I thought about our current global warming too. I think it is highly conceivable that it could happen one day. It's scary, but what can you do? I try to do my part but it has to be a world wide effort.
@peterjtd (76)
well the movie indeed taught great lesson ,but i would advise people to reduce the use of perfumes & chloro flouro carbon. whenever tree plantation drives are there in the city try & participate. in college, such programs should gain momentum. everybody small contribution will definitely help...
@koalatbs (2230)
Yes, I've watched that movie many many times and I could watch it again. Not only is it a great movie with wonderful actors, it also teaches us something about what might happen if we don't care for our planet. It is really scary.