Some Gitmo detainees to be released into the United States?!

@dragon54u (31644)
I just read an article that says, among other things, this: ""For those who are in that second category, who can be released, there are a variety of options that we have. Among them is the possibility that we could release them into this country," he said. Holder said it was possible the 17 Chinese Muslims who have been held for years at Guantanamo, and two or three others prisoners, could be freed in the United States." What the hell is he thinking??!! I mean, is this administration deliberately trying to destroy this country? Every day I come closer to saying yes to that question. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think these people are dangerous and would do something bad here? Am I the only one who is scared to death of this administration?
@Aussies2007 (5339)
I think a lot of people were sent to Guantanamo by the previous administration on terrorism suspicion. You are either a terrorist or you are not. And it should not take years to figure it out. The fact that they would release them... means that none of the charges were valid in order to convict them. Those people have been held for years without a trial and were never convicted of anything. Does not sound very democratic to me.
@dragon54u (31644)
It's not democratic and it was wrong. But these people have had several years to sit there and hate this country--not the "leaders" who imprisoned them but the people who live here. Bush was nuts, and I think Obama is going to finish the job Bush started-destroying the United States.
@Taskr36 (13923)
The problem is that many of those released have since returned to the battlefield and continued killing Americans. If we release them into this country it's like setting a vampire loose on a blood vein.
The problem is that many of those released have since returned to the battlefield and continued killing Americans. Do you have any prove to substantiate that accusation? If they are released in the United States... it is because... 1) They were not found guilty 2) They are American citizen It does not matter how you want to spin this. I don't believe that the United States would release people on their home soil if they had the slightest suspicion of those people being terrorists. If with all the law enforcement agencies you have... you cannot figure out who is a terrorist and who is not... you better give up the game and let the rest of us deal with it.
@spalladino (17922)
Yes, I think these people are dangerous regardless of whether or not they were/are guilty. I don't imagine that they have a very high regard for the U.S. so...sure, let's release them in this country so they can do who knows what? My concern for things that are happening grows every day.
@dragon54u (31644)
Me, too. I haven't been this worried about the country before. I think we're circling the drain and will go down unless we take control of our government. And they've got it all zipped up so we can't. The taxes on the bonuses by AIG employees alarms me, too. If they do that to them, we're next.
@Taskr36 (13923)
Holder is a complete moron and so is Obama for hiring him. It was no secret how incompetent he was while working under Clinton and yet Obama rushed to hire him. Now why is he planning to release detainees on our soil? because all the bleeding heart Europeans demanding the release of these detainees are subscribing to the NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard) principle. They want these people released, and claim to believe in their innocence, but they certainly don't want them THERE. China doesn't want those 17 Chinese people. Nanci Pelosi is at the forefront for freeing them, but doesn't even want them in her own state. These people are a bunch of hypocrites. In fairness to Eric Holder, maybe he's smarter than I think because I would SAY the exact same thing he's saying if I were being pushed to release these people. It gives Americans a whole new perspective when they realize these people could live next door to them. I just wish the current administration were more concerned with helping the American people and less concerned with appeasing left wing extremists like the ACLU.
@dragon54u (31644)
You know, I'm glad we're closing that camp. It left a bad taste in my mouth to have people sitting in prison without even being charged or tried. But now that it's closed I think those people should have to go back to their native countries whether those countries want them or not.
@suspenseful (40314)
Thanks for the best response.