why do most men look for younger women and most women look for older men?

Somalia
In dating sites... why is it that most men usually look for younger women and younger women usually look for older men?
@achinthya (1217)
Well maybe it i sbecause older men feels that they can understand the younger women better and their needs.Whereas women tend to look for older men since they look out for security and commitment.They feel that older men can understand her needs better than younger men.It is like vice versa, I guess,but I am not sure,lol!
@cieldz (709)
yes man looking for younger women to control them as they want.... really hate that...!
@cieldz (709)
i dont quite agree with u.... i have an experience dating with older man for bout 4 years.... he always want to control me.... i cant do anything with this or that... he always angry if i do something i like... he doesnt like my friends but he forced me to like his friends... just cos he's older than me, he forced me to always agree with him....
@bombshell (11265)
depends the women.in my opinion i look older men because they are more serious and devoted.the younger ones are more like for fun
@navi33 (114)
The guys look for younger girls mainly because of their appearance. Its nice to have a beautiful partner that the unlucky one. But if love is really there, the appearance is not a problem. Also, they look like they don't know many things in this world and men try to abuse it. Girls look for older guys because of their stability. They want a partner that can provide them with their needs and also some wants. Other is they are more mature and can understand the girls than younger guys. ~~
@maean_19 (4660)
Your premise is the most normal illustration with respect to choosing a partner. Am not saying though that if a man chooses an older woman or vise versa is not normal. Basically, men wants younger women because naturally MEN has to be more SUPERIOR than WOMEN. Thus, maturity of men and women are different. On the other hand, women love being pampered and babied that is why they choose older men. Hence, older men are more mature than younger ones. If say, the woman is 25, she tends to choose someone from the ages 28 and above. The average maturity difference is 3 years. Men and women who are of the same age do not fall on the same maturity level. Women per se look for men who are in authority which the younger ones can't. If women chooses someone younger, the tendency is they will clash because of the maturity difference and the women will end up understanding the younger women. Of course, women are women. They have to be taken care and babied, not the other way around.
Age is just a number that is if two people are really attracted to each other, what's the difference if they have different goals or lifestyles and big age gap. We don't have to do everything together. In fact it's recommended that each partner holds on to his/her identity. In this day and age, many women (not only men) date younger men. What can we do? Youth is attractive. Of course men are flattered by the attentions of a younger, attractive woman.. Well, who does not want attentions anyway? Hehehehehe....
Men look for young women because they want a "fresher" look... they don't want to kissed someone's neck that are already wrinkled. Younger women tend to look for older men because they have more money, more savings and can afford to give the luxuries of her life.
@j4ck_86 (102)
I think it's normal and sort of our subconscious drive. Men and women have different maturity. Usually women mature faster (even though have the same age with men) so that in order to balance the emotional need, women tend to find older men for their couple. And I think this explanation can be applied to why men look for younger women.
@menulis (468)
I think its normal.. Man is a leader and older is good, while woman should be younger so no crash between them
S its true that women mature earlier than men. i thing that younger women is better to manage
@mamalev (264)
Maybe because women mature earlier than men.
@j47lee (741)
hmmm..men look for younger women because they think they can control the younger women better .....and most women look for older men because they are not sooo flimsy in their decisions.... is more stable and love you better....