Do you prefer to marry within your race or outside?

Somalia
In my country I see a lot of women getting married to foreign guys all of the time, most of the this are people they met via the internet, or a relative living in a different country introduced, etc. In this day and age everything seems possible, if if were your choice, will you choose to marry someone within your race, or hometown or country for that matter over someone foreign?
Love is blind, right? I wouldn't mind marrying someone outside of my race. It would actually be really interesting to defy expectations & actually learn about their culture in a more in-depth way. (Ok, ok, now I sound like I'm against SAME-RACE marraiges. LOL). It's the love that counts. And where I live - it's not rare at all. We have interracial couples every which way we look. It's nothing new, and it's socially acceptable to pretty much anyone & everyone except people who have a certain prejudice against other races. To me? It's totally fine. It would actually be probably more interesting than dating/marrying someone of your same race!
@delkar (1715)
well, you`re so right. Love should resolve all the problems, but the race isn`t a problem. If you`ll find the right person, you`ll not look to see what race he/she is. You`ll just love her/him so much, that you`ll be even more inloved, because you`ll have always something to talk about, because there will be some cultural differences, social ones, and so on. People like to see with someone who can teach them something new, and so on.
• Somalia
You both are so right. In this day and age race shouldn't be an issue anymore. Although the mixing of cultures can be daunting at times but if both with be willing to meet halfway, it shouldn't be a problem..
For the record, I am married to someone same with my race. But I am not against marrying someone who is not same race as you do, when in fact if I would fall in love to a beautiful lady not same race than I do, why not? Yeah, Filipinas are very susceptible to foreign nationals and wanted to be married to them, perhaps foreigner find our ladies very beautiful. The bottom line though, is that irregardless of distant or race, when it comes to love and marriage, it doesn't count.
• Somalia
That's a very nice outlook, But the thing is, it seems like more and more filipinas are wanting foreign husband. I guess they think this will help them financially, and most of the time the husbands are really old, i can't help but think that this guys are actually looking for someone who will take care of them in old age rather than for love.
I agree with your observation, we can't do nothing with that, its their choice.
• Somalia
you're right. well whatever makes people happy.
@happy2009 (330)
I can't accept this marriage,diffrent country have diffrent customs, as love is only the thing between only you and your lover, but there many other complications in your marriage,You are thoroughly strange to the palce,and there's only one can help you and understand you ,can you imagine the life that you are in a cavity and only one guy with you day and day ?
• Somalia
lol! I guess if your the kind who constantly need the presence of your family and known friends.. and can't live without the things you're used to, it probably wouldn't work. Like I've been saying, with this kind of relationship each should be willing to meet halfway.
@owntuilp (422)
cool,i found so many people in my community who always marry with different race people ,including someone from other countrise.yep,internet is a good bridge for them even they never know each other ago.do you mind marry with forgign guys ,lol just a joking ,god bless you !
• Somalia
lol! It seems a common thing these days, and you're right it's internet's fault. Me? No I wouldn't mind marrying a foreign guy as long as we're able to meet halfway.
@rocketsky (1013)
i want to choose someone within my race :) maybe i am a quite traditional woman ,but i can accept some one outsite my race :)
• Somalia
Choosing someone outside from one's race is also excposing yourself to a whole set of culture foreign to you. So it would mean not only embracing the person but also his culture. It cab be a bit tough at times. It's usually easier to just choose someone from home.
@poohgal (6848)
I don't mind. If I have feelings for the guy, I don't care where he's from and what race he belongs to. My country has 4 main races (Chinese, Malay, Indian and Eurasian). Other than the 4 races, we also have many foreigners working here. It's common for people here to marry people of other races.
• Somalia
I guess interracial marriages are becoming inevitable these days, the world has become more cosmopolitan.
@modstar (9608)
I would like to marry someone from my country. The Philippines alone has lots of interesting and beautiful women. There would be no complications like language, racial discrimination, height lol and many more. As far as i have witnessed, Filipinas are kind of affectionate and quite transparent about what they feel. They also has a sense of responsibility to people surrounding her.
• Somalia
Thanks modstar, in behalf of all pinays!! hehe!!
@rocketsky (1013)
i would like to marry in a foreign country where lots of rivers are around me . i quite like australia ,i think it is the most exciting place for me to held a wedding ceremony
• Somalia
I heard there are lots of crocs in australia.. hehe!! Just messing with you.
@asianwind (365)
Hi there! It doesn't really matter as long as I'd be happy and he'd be happy. Ofcourse there would be a lot of addjustment when you choose someone from another country so I guess both sides should be ready to adjust. If I would come to that situation... I would pray that the man I would be with will have an open-mind coz I am a crazy lunatic LOL
• Somalia
lol! I think all of has some sort of lunatic sides.. We'll as long as you'd both be willing to meet halfway, I don't thered be any problem about being a bit looney. hehe!
@prinzcy (5036)
I prefer to marry someone within my race and religion because I want my husband to be my guide in religion and life. But if it is fate that state I must marry someone from different race or religion (or even country) I will accept it with all my heart.
• Somalia
Someone with the same religion would really be an ideal way to go as it's usually the hardest hurdle in realtionships.