If people don't like the discussion....

@dfollin (14611)
...... then why do they come in and say that this discussion topic has already been discussed,the discussion is too small or too big. If you don't like the discussion,do you even bother with it?
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
people, who could ever figure tehm out. if i don't like the discussion i just delete it & go on to the next one. they are just being a smart aleck by doing that. we don't need folks like that on mylot but they are eveywhere.
@dfollin (14611)
Yeah,they are everywhere and I think they are being smart alecks too.
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
some people just have to show treir patootie. don't figure it gets them anywhere. hope u are having a good day.
@dfollin (14611)
Lol, That's true.
@suspenseful (40314)
I think it is that they selected notify on when on their friends and feel that they have an obligation to reply.
@dfollin (14611)
Your probably right.I hadn't thought of that.
@sacmom (14250)
Nope, I usually just pass it up. What's the point in responding to a discussion just to complain about it? It doesn't make any sense to me. But I guess some people will respond to anything, even things they don't like.
@dfollin (14611)
I can see if a person disagrees with the discussion.For example saying that you like something and you don't.But,why go into a topic you don't even know or care about.I agree with you,it makes no sense.
@tholitz (1127)
Hi dfollin! I will not definitely go or even bother to open discussion that I don't like or have no interest. Well just as your title goes, what is the point of making comments or why will you bother to check the discussion if you don't even like it. Regarding the same topic, I think this will not be prevented or avoided since the population here in mylot is so huge. So if you could think of topic which is very common, the possibility that this had been discussed will be higher. Have a nice day my friend!
@dfollin (14611)
I think also too,that if a discussion has previously been done about a month ago(whenever) then there hs been many newbies here since then,who missed it.It gives them a chance to give their opinion about the topic.
@Polly1 (12648)
If I don't like the discussion, the topic or even the person, I just by pass it. I have been so busy the last few days I haven't even had time to stop in at mylot. I just logged in to see what was going on, thought I would stop by and say hi.
@dfollin (14611)
Hi to you to.Did you win anything on Easter?
Sometimes it's a good idea to remind people that it's a discussion that has been OVER-discussed lately here on myLot. People should use the "search" function more often; it's annoying to see the same-old discussions over and over and over again, if you ask me. You're right though, we really shouldn't even be bothering with them by responding, though, because myLot admin will most likely delete the repeat discussion and so our response will get deleted anyone. In most case, I just won't respond. Why bother, you know?
@dfollin (14611)
You know I have used the search before starting a discussion and don't find anything recent.Then after I make my discussion I see someone else has done it too.
i don't know. as far as repeat discussions go though,with the now near 170K people we have,it's probably inevitable at some point. if the discussion doesn't interest me,or it's nothing i know about,i just stay out of it.i don't see where my commentary would add anything.
@tlb0822 (1412)
I don't usually respond to discussions I don't like, or think are repeated. I mean it happens, and there really isn't anything you can do. I just let it go, and find something I do like discussing instead.
That's a darn good question. If I see a discussion that does not interest me, I delete that particular notification, and move onto the next one. I keep on going, until I find one of interest, and then I respond to that one. I don't have time to waste time on things that are not of interest to me.
@dfollin (14611)
Thanks.People seem to love wasting their time,huh?