I cannot go for the company anual dinner

Malaysia
Hi everyone, Today is my company anual dinner and I am working afternoon shift. I am only allowed to go for 30 minute just to have meal and need to be back at call floor. I am depressed over it as this is my forst year I am working and is the first anual dinner for me. Its depressing but I have a group of friends here all together sailing on the same boat. Thanusha
@cream97 (29164)
Hi, thanusha85! Being that this is your company's dinner, why can't you go? Your job should allow you to attend since you work for them. After all this is your first dinner. I hate those 30 minutes breaks for lunch. That is another reason why I chose to stay at home and work too. I can't put up with rushing back from lunch. They should give you more time to attend this dinner. 30 minutes is not enough time. Can you ask your supervisor for an extension? If your friends are going to be able to attend the meeting, entirely then you should be able to. I would ask about this if I was you. Enjoy your dinner!
Hi cream Thats the time allocated for us and moreover this is a 24 hours customer care centre. So they cant just give a holiday to everyone. We deal with banking and they say we have to consider work also. I guess if they give us an extention they might lose millions. LOL Thanusha
@cream97 (29164)
I just now thought about something. When I was working at Gold Kist Farms, which now is called The Pigeon Plant. They was having a banquet for the employess and I only had 30 minutes to eat. Just as I would for an normal lunch break. So, we had to stand in the long line, which took a very long time to move. There was so many people. And, the line was moving real slow... It took me about 15 minutes until I actually got my food. I don't want to wait this long again. I know how you feel. 30 minutes is not enough time to eat. Especially if you have to back to work. Just try to make the best of your time, if you can't stay but 30 minutes.
@cream97 (29164)
I am sorry that you can only have 30 minutes, I know how this must mean to you. Being that this is a 24 hour call center, you all have to get back to work soon. I am sorry.