Banger Racing!!

Ode to my fellow mylot friend - Pikey
@Humbug25 (12551)
I have recently got back from yet another trip to my hometown and what a great 10 days it was. My mum had told me about a banger racing meeting that was happening whilst we were down there so we decided to go. None of us had ever been before and thought it would be a great idea to take my 3 boys and go. My 8 year old son thoght it was awesome and I have to say that I had to agree with him. My youngest son somehow fell asleep during the races, my middle son amused himself elsewhere popping back to have a look from time to time and my mum found it quite scarey and is not interested in going again! When my youngest later woke he asked me if I could drive my car around there!! Erm, I don't think so!! I am hoping to take my eldest son back in the end of May to watch the buses do it!! Have you ever been banger racing? What was your experience like?
@dawnald (84075)
• Shingle Springs, California
Um, isn't a banger like a sausage or something?
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hey dawny Er yes bangers are also sausages but they don't move much and I think they might be a bit boring to watch in a race!! LOL Thanks for your amusing response
@dawnald (84075)
• Shingle Springs, California
They might start smelling bad too...
@Humbug25 (12551)
Or even worst - go BANG!!
@p1kef1sh (45638)
I haven't been banger racing in years Humbug. It's real boy stuff and clearly at least one girl!! LOL. I went to a place just north of Oxford in 197 something. That's not your car - No 66 is it? LOL.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi P1kef1sh It's certainly not for the fake hearted!! No no.66 isn't mine but you were supposed to be looking at the car to the front not in the background!! Have another look!! Cheers P1kef1sh
@Humbug25 (12551)
Fake hearted? Did I really say fake hearted? I guess I must have because it is there in black and white, well you knew what I meant anyway!!
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
no, i haven't i don't think. is it where they just run into each other? if that's what it is i have seen something like that on tv. glad u had fun. everybody deserves to have fun along w/the normal.
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi ANTIQUELADY Yes basically that is what it is but it is much more exciting watching the real thing! Thanks for your response
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
i bet it is. glad you got to go. u are very welcome.
@cynthiann (18613)
• Jamaica
I'm not sure what his is. Do they drive at each other and bang each other up or something? It sounds like fun and I am glad that your eldest son enjoyed it. and no, please don't take part in it! Glad that you had a great time with your family. B;essings
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi ya cynthiann Well the main purpose isn't to smash into each other to start with not actually at each other. In the last race, any surviving vehicles go at it until there is just one left! Don't worry I had no intention of racing my car around the track, I have too many windows in tact to even start the race! Cheers cynth
@rocketj1 (6960)
demolition derby maybe? Driving old cars around and smashing them?
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi rocketj1 Yes that would be it. Sorry should have translated for my overseas friends. No wonder I've not had many responses! LOL Cheers rocket
@ellie333 (21018)
Hi Humbug, Oh I love banger car racing but haven't taken my son yet but they o do one nearby me which I am going to take him too. My brother used to race all the time and so did a female friend of mine when Aldershot track was open and I used to go to Wimbledon quite a lot too. We are not too far from each other and I have a fixtures list of all SW events at work, I'll grab one and perhaps we could both go to the same meet, that would be fun. Huggles. Ellie :D