number of replies

@Trensue (5259)
Is it alright if I just start ignoring that number by my name - because it seems go to up and down with no rhyme or reason. Maybe I get things deducted for saying dumb things - that will be very sad because lots of time I don't say very intelligent things. Maybe I am venting or maybe I just don't get it.
@jesssp (2739)
If you reply to a post and then the post is removed by Mylot (for a rule violation, report of abuse etc) then you lose your count for the post and the pennies you earned for it. So if there is a post that's overly silly, stupid, repetitive, offensive or just an obvious attempt to get people worked up you're probably best to skip it because chances are it will be removed. The only way your reply gets removed (usually) is if you say something offensive or off topic or if someone reports you.
@Trensue (5259)
Clearly I should try to stay on happy and easy subjects - thanks for all the advice.
@jesssp (2739)
That's only if you care about the number in your little star. If you don't care about the color of that thing then by all means go for the more controversial topics. I thought you meant your number of posts. Which number did you mean?
@Adoniah (7515)
Maybe you just ran into some nasty people. Sometimes people just hit the minus sign because they do not like what you say and decide they will get even with you by dropping your star. If you hang around controversial topics, your star will really drop. I don't think I will ever see a blue 10 again. I really got slammed. Oh well, such is life. You just don't earn as much for each Post and Response. Shalom~Adoniah
@Trensue (5259)
Well I learn something new every day. I had no idea what the little plus and minus did - so stay away from meaningful topics and agree with everyone and life will be good. Okay - lets give that a try!
@Adoniah (7515)
You cannot be that docile.lol Just pay attention as you go around the lot and read a lot of Posts without responding and find out who the nasty ones are and just watch out for them. Then you can get into the good discussions and just stay away from the real nasties!!! Good luck! Shalom