How often do you text?

So, how often do you text to your friends? Can you say 90% of your time using cellphone just by text instead of calling each other? Or you rather chat on the phone, instead of text message?
In my country, it has become some sort of a culture to send out text messages instead of make calls on cellphones although is it so true that it easier to call than to compose text messages. I guess this is so because it is so much cheaper to send text messages rather than make calls on cellphones. I send out at least 5 messages a day, mostly work related. However, when I need an immediate reply from a contact, I usually call that person rather than text just to make sure the message does not get lost in transmission.
@rosekiss (30306)
• Eugene, Oregon
I never text, as I don't have to. My family is right here, so we talk on the phone when we need to. The phone I have is hard to text with anyway, as I have to hit the key more than once to get the letter I am looking for. It is a hassle to do that, as I have done it before, and I will not do it again. When I had my blackberry, I still didn't text lol. My son has the blackberry storm and he never ever texts. He uses it for his painting business, and he also has the internet on it but he he pays extra for that too. I don't know why he felt he had to have such an expensive phone for work when he doesn't use the texting or most of the features. I rallly don't text, because the ones I talk to, don't text me as they would rather talk than text and I can understand that, as we can say what we need to say in less time than it would take to text it lol.
I seldom text my friends. I usually send text messages to my boyfriend and my sisters. I usually use texting on my cellphone rather than calling. There are times we chat on the phone but thats only during weekends as we are not really that busy unlike during the weekdays.
@vivianchen (2646)
Hi Clorissa, I used to text alot. If my friends are in other cities, i usually text them. If they are in the same city like i am, i will text them to. There are sometimees that i will call them, either i am in urgent, or i need to get some information really quick, i will just call them. Or if what i going to say is too much, i will rather call them instead of text them. But i enjoy texting very much. I think it's a great function of cell phone.
My phone receives calls and text messages, usually work related, almost non stop everyday. I really don't enjoy using a cellphone anymore because of this. I don't like to text and make calls anymore, I just don't like to have a cellphone, but I have to. I'd rather turn my cellphone off and have some peace. LOL