Swine Flu? I'm Confused!

ok i havent been online much and havent been able to watch the news much but i wasnt living under a rock to where i didnt hear about the swine flu. BUT im confused! i read this article - http://shrinkify.com/p1d "This virus is acting like a flu virus and flu viruses spread from person to person," but then goes on to say The virus is widely being called swine flu although it has components of classic avian, human and swine flu viruses and has not actually been seen in pigs. so why the heck are they calling it swine flu? i was about to freak out and get rid of and avoid pork because to me swine = pigs but now they are saying it hasnt been seen in pigs! how are the people catching it then? i mean it says spread person to person but what started it? im confused HELP!!
I believe that it was passed on from pig to human. I saw a report on CNN where they showed the little boy in Mexico that they believe was one of if not the first to contract it. He lived just a few miles from a very large pig farm where they dispose of the pig waste outdoors in a big pit.
it would be awful to be the first one to have gotten it
• Lubbock, Texas
They said on the news tonight that they thought they had found where the flu originated. In a small village in Mexico. There's a pig farm just outside of town and a small child that lived next to the pig farm was the first documented case. They didn't say if they'd tested the pigs to see if they carried the virus or not. Normally, viruses mutate, they don't combine and this one is supposedly a combination of swine, avian, and human flu.
ok that makes sense.. thanks!
I am going to just say it this way.. this could be some disease thats been out there that with world wide communication now has a name.. whatever.. The article you posted to me is a FEAR article.. get everyone into that Fear for whatever and run for the hills attitude.. come on, there is all types of flu's we know this, they build a few new ones each year, and then those strains mutate and so on.. also with the scientist working on germ warfare.. who knows how much of what they do, they actually test in the real world, they just don't tell anyone. This is with all World Governments that experiment with disease's not aimed and any one country, they all do it in some form or fashion. My opinion, Flu's, cold's, stuff like that mutate every year to the conditions that they are subjected to. When the POPULATION can't seem to control it because .. oh my it mutated this isn't working anymore.. Fear factor, now they are scattering around looking for something that will work on it. Thing is if they would stop SCREWING around with making disease's maybe the WORLD wouldn't have such a problem..
true.. i mean i know flu mutates every year but since they are calling this "swine flu" gave me the impression its something new and freaky so got my attention.. if they just said flu it wouldnt have phased me much.. but then again they wouldnt sell the news as well either.. considering its not even from pigs its making me think they just wanted a scary title for it