How important is a goo night's sleep?

Last night I planned on getting up this morning for a run. I slept very little through the night. I am pushing the 50 mark age-wise and wasn't sure if I should go ahead and run today or not. So what do you think? Is it okay to run even if you have not got enough sleep the night before?
@smileonstar (4012)
I would say NO. it might make you feel lack of the day and feel so tired too... so rather run, you can do a little exercise at home. House work is also called exercise too. If I dont have enough sleep and do more work, I will be super tired... like I am now.
Thank you for your comment! I agree that housework is exercise! Many things we do throughout our day are exercise as well! I try to be more active throughout the day. I was rather worried about running a couple of miles and then feeling like I can't shake that droopy feeling all day... wasn't sure!