Who Is More Like You, Barack Obama Or Sarah Palin

@gewcew23 (8011)
I guess I just do not understand why there is so much hatred of Sarah Palin, but I never understood why liberal hated Bush either. Liberals always like speaking of the little guy and opposing the elite but is not attacking Sarah while defending Obama a contradiction? What are some of the attacks leveled at Sarah, well she does not have any foreign policy experience, she has family problems, and she graduated from a non-Ivy league school. Well let me ask you a question how much foreign policy experience do you have, probably as much as Obama did before he became President. Are you telling me that you never have had family problems. Did you graduated from a Ivy League school or one of those land grant schools? I might even bet you that the individual that posted those pictures about Sarah did not even go to college. Maybe I am wrong. One last thing to think about, George Washington did not have one once of foreign policy experience, George Washington had family issues and he never even went to school. So I guess those the hate Palin would have hated George Washington too.
Ok here is how I see it.... The liberal and liberal media went after Palin because she was not part of the girls club. Meaning a left wing feminist. there were not able to let the first VP not be a part of that club. That is why they continue to attack her. There are more women in the US population than men. Think about it and teh implications if she or any other female conservative gets a real foot hold. The liberal party wants to be seen as for women or representing women. They do not want the republican party to be seen as that at all. Democrats want the party to be seen as "run by old white guys". Palin would have changed that. Anyone who says Palin was teated fairly is lying. I will admit that McCain's camp dishandled her (or rather over handled her). Which did not do her or the campaign any favors. As for Bush...I would think that the liberal would love him. He acted more like a liberal than a democrat. Obama....well all I can say for him is NOT a democrat. He IS a socialist. He can try putting whatever name on it he wants...but that does not change the fact. I always laughed at some of non sense that was said during the campaing about experience. Well Palin had more executive experience than Obama, McCain or Biden. Also why was it bad to put Palin as the VP when she so called "so little expereince". But ok to put hte person with hardly ANY experience as the president and the experienced guy as the VP. That whole arguement made no sense to me. But personally out of the four McCain, Palin, Biden and Obama. .....I like Palin the best. But I did not vote for her...why? I can't stand McCain.
sorry for rant and if I got off topic. I just kinda got going and could not stop.
@gewcew23 (8011)
You fell better now, LOL! Even though I liked Sarah too McCain was the one that was on the ballot so I voted for Bob Barr. Whether or not you agree with Sarah's politics does she really deserve all of the attacks she receives?
@deejean06 (1953)
Hi gewcew...One thing I'll never understand is that when liberals disagree with you - they hate you! I have never had a simple disagreement without it resorting to verbal abuse. Maybe you can explain it to me - I must be missing something. And as I understand it President Obama does have family problems. He had an absentee father and then a stepfather. He was raised by his grandparents. Somehow this is all overlooked and I don't know why.
@gewcew23 (8011)
Their hate is a means to an end. No one likes being hated so some will change their opinions to be loved. Also understand that liberalism is based in emotions which hate is an emotion.
@deejean06 (1953)
Hi gewcew...Thanks for the clarification. I guess since liberalism has nothing to do with facts or reason it's only the emotions that take over and cause such vitriol.
@Destiny007 (5820)
The liberals hate Palin because she does everything they claim to want except for the unpardonable sins of being a conservative and opposing abortion. They view her as a threat to their cause, and as such have declared open season on her. She had more executive experience than either candidate, and she definitely had more experience than 0bozo. As to foreign policy, that was a red herring thrown out by the left. Her foreign policy would have been set by McCain... whose experience in that field was beyond question. 0bozo had NO foreign policy experience, and by the rules the left set up for Palin, was not qualified to be president. 0bozo still has not provided proof of his eligibility.... where's his birth certificate?
@gewcew23 (8011)
We will never see that birth certificate and to be honest even if they did produce a birth certificate how would we know it is real.
@Taskr36 (13923)
Well clearly Sarah Palin is more like average folks than Obama, but that's not allowed. Democrats want the monopoly on women, minorities, young people, working people, soccer moms, and poor people. John McCain got by because he embodied the republican stereotype they've been trying to sell for decades: old, heavy, rich, and white. He was just what they wanted to face as his actual politics meant nothing to them when he came from the same party as Bush. Sarah Palin threw a massive wrench in all of that. A young, female politician with a working class background who was raised by middle class parents, had a family, and she chose to be a republican? How DARE she! And to top it all off she was attractive. Well the left couldn't tolerate this blatant disregard for the monopoly they are entitled to have over that demographic. As such it was their quest, 100%, to destroy her. All the things that the bogus pro-women party fought for were out the window. They dove into the "She should be barefoot in the kitchen", "she should be home taking care of her kids", "Moms have no place in the workforce", and of course they had to attack her appearance with names like Caribou Barbie. I think they managed to set the women's movement back about 50 years with their treatment of her.
@gewcew23 (8011)
Some how in America we have this opinion that Presidents have to be a certain way, Ivy league educated lawyers. A night grocery stocker at Wal-Mart matters more to the success of America than ten lawyers. How is it that Sarah being average is a negative?
@irishidid (8716)
I guess I would have to say Sarah Palin. She's actually human. I'm not quite sure what Obama is. I know the one thing he's not is honest and that's been proved in the first 100 days.
@suspenseful (40314)
I am like neither, but I am more for Sarah Palin in that I never went to a fancy school, and I am like her daughter in that I had an illegtimate child but I gave her up. So I had a lot of family problems unlike Obama who was so perfect, could no nothing wrong, and had charm and good looks (excuse the sarcasm. On the other hand, don't. It is intended.) I have utter contempt for those who just voted him in without checking out his credentials and his point of view. I mean they acted as sheep, but do the rest of American citizens and the world have to pay for their lack of foresight?
@TLChimes (4838)
WARNING: From what I read in the replies you received I'm pretty sure you won't like what I have to say. You can't be as one sided as the republicans want to be (the ones above) because personal religious beliefs really have no business in government. Palin wants everyone to follow her parenting and religious path... as did Bush to some extent. But I don't like her methods and they really don't work. Ask her grandchild. Palin is flaky, incompetent, and way to set in HER own agendas to lead. Not to mention woman, gays, parents of special needs kids, and Earth lovers all had issues with a few of her views. Really too many people to have throwing up their hands. Obama is getting the same back talk that Bush got.... just from the other side of the room. He isn't perfect and I'm not fooled BUT in November he really made my skin crawl a heck of a lot less then Palin did. He is a family man who openly and totally loves them. While we knew Palin had family, you felt they were like her shoes.... window dressing. They founding fathers were of mixed religions (including a few Atheist), remembered what it was like to be in a log cabin like everyone else and were generally out for the greater good (not always but....) I would say I'm more like them with Obama's family love. Still think the Republicans had more of a chance with out Palin. Now for my disclaimer that I know I'm the minority in this thread and won't throw stones at folks so please understand before hand that if it gets too heated... I'll shut up to keep the peace.
For me it is not about personal issues. Everybody can have own family issues and it is fully their duty to sort it out. To attack somebody for family matters using the media is not good. And for education all that matters is a not the school from where you graduated but the ethics and values that you inherit as you grow up. So it is wrong to judge someone in the light of her family problems and the name of the school she went to. But when you are a candidate for VP you are under the scanner and since you are in competition the opposition will leverage all possible means to win so all these thing are most certain to come up and sometimes the stories in the media may paint a wrong picture. Personally I feel Sarah Palin did not quite do the homework before the debates and her TV interviews and add to that she is not a great orator. Obama on the other hand is a very good Orator and knew in depth about the things he said during his campaign. That's why he outwitted everybody and he got his deserved place.
@stephcjh (32327)
I would have to say that Borack is more like me. He tends to mean well and he seems to try to do his best for everyone involved, including his family.