sore mouth

@savypat (20245)
My dog has hurt herself, she seems fine and can eat and drink but she can't open her mouth far enough to grab her throw toy. Have you ever run into this situation before? She isn't sick so I think it will be alright to let her heal. I really can't afford a Vet bill right now.
@agrim94 (3809)
I am really sorry what happened to your dog and how bas is she hurt. Does she cry in paid and just check his jaw if there is some injury to it. Usually in humans it happen when there is either fracture of mandible or injury to the joint or if lower third molar ( wisdom tooth) is coming out and there is infection. I know it is costly to go to vet but i think she needs medical attention and delay can prove very dangerous for her. Just try to give antibiotics to her and pain killers for 2 days and see how she responds and if she doesnt then she has to have a date with her vet.
@bhanusb (5709)
If your dog can eat and drink she will be alright very soon.No need of any medicine. Don't worry.
The body is a wonderful thing my guess is that if she did damage to her muscles they will just heal themselves and all a vet would do is give pain killers to make the time pass. As someone said before, the big concern is if there is a puncture or open sore that can get infected.
If you can´t take her to the vet, wash her mouth with water and bicarbonate or Epsom salt. Nature has a way of healing: just be on the look out for an infection. She´s probably lick the problem away