Shot Glasses For Prom Gifts

Did you hear this story on the news? A high school assistant principal is in hot water for giving prom goers a shot glass as a memento for the big event. Don't you think this was a little bit absurd. Why would he think he would not get a lot of flack from doing something so dumb. No common sense at all.
I have not heard that story, but my sixteen year old just went to the senior prom with her boyfriend just last weekend. If she had come home with shot glasses as a gift, I would have had to kill the principal. Why would they promote drinking to kids that are underage? 18 or not, they are still not of legal drinking age. What the heck was he thinking?
I am sure they were not thinking. It was probably meant to be a memento of the day, but with all the attention given to under age drinking you would think some bells would have gone off.
@makingpots (11919)
No common sense at all. You are exactly right about that. He deserves all the flack he gets from this one.
I agree, thank you
@ladynetz (968)
There can be lots of interpretations to this act of giving shot glasses to the prom goers. First, the prom-ers are 18 years of age and "adults". Second, it might have been caring the message "you have a shot to life now", take it and use it right.Or maybe he was one of their teachers at one point, and the class and he, might have a private joke or symbol. Anyhow, before judging anyone, my opinion is first give a "shot" to the teacher to say what was on his mind doing this. I'm pretty sure there is a logical and educational reason behind it.
you are joking right. I was not 18 when I went to prom, and 21 is the legal drinking age, not 18. No common sense, at all.