do you sleep after dinner.........

@laxmi123 (949)
hello friends.do you sleep after dinner.i like sleep after dinner.but i don't sleep after dinner.because if i do sleep after dinner,my grand ma scolds me.she tells me if we sleep after dinner ,we are fat .is it correct.what is your opinion for this
@cbeee3 (2063)
I never sleep immediately after dinner. I wait for atleast 1-2hours. What your gradmother said is correct.Even if you ask a doctor, he will tell you the same thing. There is a scientific reason behind it. When we sleep, our body and mind are at rest and the cells try to repair themselves. It is time for the body and the mind to heal.If we sleep immediately after dinner, the stomach and digestive system will not work the way they are supposed to. As there is a slow down of the metabolism, the digestion will slow down and most of the carbohydrates will get stored as fat. I hope this helps a little. Happy myLotting! :)
@laxmi123 (949)
thanks for your respond.i learned so much knowledge from you.thanks a lot.i have just known as why is she telling like that.any how have a nice day.happy my lotting
@cbeee3 (2063)
Anytime my friend :)
@vicky30 (4771)
I don't sleep after dinner.Your grand mom is right.We need to stay awake atleast half an hour for the food to get digested.Even if i come home late in the night i will stay for half an hour and then sleep.To keep myself active i will either watch television or sit in front of the computer.It is the best way to keep me away from sleeping.
@abhaijith (2963)
Hi,Laxmi, I think its better avoid sleeping immediately after dinner.For proper digestion,our body should be active, at least for half an hour after our meals. Good discussion friend.
@daliaj (5680)
It is not advisible to sleep right away after sleep, even though I do that many times. We have to give time for the stomach to digest the food otherwise it will result it increasing the weight. I am not very particular about this, I feel tired after dinner and sleep righ away. But, my husband makes it a point to be awake for sometiem after dinner.
@mye_drew (182)
• Israel
yah i sleep after dinner but never get fat,.im still slim u know...
no i don't sleep after dinner, instead i see TV till 1 O'clock and then sleep.... i don't think that we will become fat when we sleep after dinner...
@larish (2193)
I usually sleep after 2-3 hours after dinner before I sleep but if I am too tired, I unexpectedly sleep right after dinner but this seldom happens. I always make it a point that I don't make it ah abit to sleep right after dinner.
@CJay77 (4438)
I try not to go to sleep after dinner, although I feel so sleepy after I ate lunch or dinner. I'm not sure, but I've also heard that if we sleep after we just ate, we have a chance to gain weight, that's why I try my best to keep myself up when I just had dinner or lunch.
@velentina (892)
• Mauritius
I usually sleep one hour after dinner. I watch television for 1/2 hour and do household chores, prepare my dress for the day after, then I go to sleep. Sometimes I read books or I play domino or card before going to bed. I think it is true that we get fat if we go to bed after dinner.
@dpk262006 (56736)
Hi Laxmi! You appear new to mylot family. Welcome to mylot. I think we need to take our dinner at least 2-3 hours before we go to sleep. Our body system takes time to digest the food and if we immediately go to sleep after having our dinner, the food does not get digested in the proper manner. You would have seen some of the people going for evening walk or stroll after having their dinner. Their purpose is to digest the food and make themselves a bit tired, so that they could get good sleep at night. Your grand mother's opinion appear right to me and you should respect her views.
@med889 (5952)
Well I go to bed as soon as I have had my dinner and I have been doing so for many years. I cannot o otherwise because I reach home from work very late an by the time I take a shower and handle the work at home It is already later for dinner so once I had it I just go to my room to sleep, some 10 minutes after I am already sleeping soundly to be able to wake up very early in the morning again.
@lchiat (1070)
Hi, for me i would not sleep right after dinner. I wont feel well if you ask me to sleep when i am full. I cannot sleep well if i am too full. Another reason is i do not think that sleep right after dinner is a good habit. It is not a healthy way. We should let our foods digest first then go to have a nice sleep. So that we wont get fat easily too. Happy Myloting!!!
@anetteh (3591)
• Sweden
Hi there and god morning to you laxmi123. It is really funny, but you really should have a nap after all the meals. I always get tired after lunch and dinner. To be healthy, you should take a walk before eating and then take ten or fiften minuts rest, that is only what you need. Not hours.
@jeiyah_12 (1041)
I do sleep but an hour after dinner, we are not going to be fat in sleeping but the food that we eat is not going to digest easily. When we are sleeping our intestine is not that active. So we should not sleep immediately after eating...