Do you set a passwork for your personal computer or laptop? Why?

@daliaj (5683)
I do that eventhough I know that nobody else is going to use it and I don't have any confidential data in that. I am forced to set a password in office computer and I do the same with my PC at home. Do you have a passoword for you PC? How often do you change it?
@galileo2008 (1146)
It's always a necessity to put a password in you computer even if you know nobody will use it. I have a computer at home and I have to make sure that I have my password everytime I log in and it must be changed every month. It's for security purposes, and we don't want anybody to sniff into our private files, do we?
@daliaj (5683)
Yes, I agree with you. It is always safe and necessary to set a password for your computer even if you know that nobody will use it without your knowledge.
@sublime03 (1809)
When I got my laptop I instantly set a password for it because I just wanted to make sure that all my data will be safe from being deleted. Not that I do not trust my hsuband to borrow it but I only have this as one of my valuable things and I want to make sure I keep it safe and secure. Also, I am the same with my cellphone I put a password just to be sure nobody can mind my information when I leave it elsewhere.
No, i don't have passwords for both desktop and laptop that me and my husband share. Sometimes my ten and five year old nieces play games, view the pictures and practice photoshop and make fun by changing the screen saver but that's all. I don't even know how to do some of the games they play because i only use the computers for office documents, mylot and viewing videos.
@daliaj (5683)
It is nice to hear from you after a gap. Thanks for the response.
Oh, yeah, sorry haven't been joining you lately. Some things occupied my mind these past few days and i just can't find the right responses to some discussions so i only spend most of my mylot moments reading discussions.
@srganesh (6345)
I don't have a password for my pc.One thing is,I have it in my office and nobody is there with the knowledge to handle it.Other thing,I use to remove all components of the pc while I move away to home.But is a worth full idea to have a password.Cheers!
@daliaj (5683)
You remove the components of the PC? What components do you remove? I am sorry, it sounds strange to me. In my office, it is customary to set a password and the password will automatically expires once in 30 days. Also, according to our company policy we are not supposed to share the passwords. We are asked to lock PC whenever we leave our work place even if it is to restroom.
@prinzcy (5036)
I don't like other people to use my computer so I set password on it. There's a guest account but it also has a password. I change the passwords occasionally and give hint that quite unrelated The only one that is able to log in the guest account is my three years younger sister. The account is meant for her so I give her the password. But she rarely return so by the time she come back, she has to ask me for the new password.