What is the most predominate color of walls and things in your home?

In my home, the majority of things are white, because that is the only color the landlord allows the walls to be. Since that is the case, it at least gives me many options for using color in drapes, furniture and accessories. I have a lot of earth colors: tan, beige, and brown for furniture and carpets. I love to accent that with reds in the cold months to give my home a warmer, cozier look, and with pale blues and rose colors in the warm months to make it seem cooler and more spacious. What is the most predominate color running throughout your home? What makes you like it? Karen
@mimpi1911 (25475)
That's a beautiful theme! Our theme is cream, white and brownish. we have our furniture all polished wood and the colors light cream. The outside is light olivish and cream. I love soft colors and cream , a little darker shade than white is just great.
Hi Mim...your home sounds gracious, welcoming, and those colors would create a great atmosphere in which to relax. I like colors that bring a sense of peace and grace the moment you walk into a room or into a home :) Karen
@mimpi1911 (25475)
Thanks Karen. Your home sound as cosy as you are and you are always welcome to my home. I would love to ave you in my home dear.
@thea09 (18316)
• Greece
We live in a stone house built in a traditional style and all the walls are plastered and painted white, it is the style of the houses here. The floors are all tiled and mine are a sand colour. All my bedroom furniture is white too as is the kithchen. It keeps the house cooler inside during the hot summers. Outside the house everything is green, we are surrounded by olive trees and the view is the blue of the sea, so really the colours come from the surroundings outside rather than inside.
Hi Thea. Your home sounds very peaceful and inviting. I love it when one takes the surroundings of nature and brings those colors or that theme inside the house. It all creates a certain harmony! Karen
Baby puke beige white! yuk!LOL
Hi Cookie...I'm hoping that was a landlord's choice and not yours? Not sure what you could do to liven that, except maybe hang a lot of pretty pictures and posters as a disguise lol. Karen
it is said that only white color wouldn't makes you disappointed after many years.may be it will be good look for some others color at first just like pink blue pink red pink green which girl like very much or some pattern or navy blue which boy like very much.i think these color will be out in their idear may be someday.so i tend to like white color as walls.
Hi Chingcherry. In that respect, you are right. Other colors we tend to love at first but soon tire of. With white it is always rather soothing or refreshing. And things in other colors can be added or changed more easily than repainting all the walls. Karen
@Preciousgem (1184)
The walls of my home have two color, in the living room are green and orange,in bedroom and bathroom are orange and green, the floor tiles around the house are white and the design of it are gray angel, but in the bathroom a printed peach and white tiles the bowl and basin are white, in the kitchen basin we have two stainlees, the chair and table are dark and light brown, and white ceiling, and the things around our home are many color like blue, purple, red, black, pink.
Hello Preciousgem....the home colors you've chosen are like your name...as varied as the colors found in precious gems. It sounds as though it offers variety enough to create any mood one could desire! Karen
@jayrene (2712)
the same thing here. when we moved in our house, it was already painted in white. then i had the kitchen extended and i painted it vibrant orange, its the only place here that had a different wall color. for my curtains, i have those in orange, blue, yellow and green.
Hi Jayrene. The orange does sound cheerful and vibrant, and so do the colors of the accessories. It is an advantage to me being stuck with white walls...nothing in the world clashes with them lol. Karen
@OConnell87 (1045)
my mum picked the colour scheme, throughout the house apart from my bedroom and my brothers's is gold, cream and brown colour scheme, it looks really elegant and makes our furnishings look much more expensive than they are.
Hi Oconnell. Ah, gold, cream, and brown...predominate in lovely palaces throughout the world. They are an elegant combination. It is one unique way color can play up everything else in a room. The elegance "rubs off" onto the furniture. I like that! Karen
In our own house, well the dominant color is green and fuchsia pink. My mom likes those colors so from the living room to my room it was colored green. The ceiling side was pink in color. Although the flat to where we live now since were just renting it, it was colored yellow. And we are not allowed to change it, so let it be, anyway we may leave this place or so, so i don't have to be so fuzzy about the color. But if we would be owing our own house someday, i would like a nice color of mint green and peach color. Not to bright and solid , although i may consider wall paper too, it depends.
Hi Strawberry. Green and pink are nice, but like you, I would prefer the softer shades of it, as with your mint and peach. It's rather hard living in a rental, as I also do for now, when you cannot change the wall colors. Thank you for stating the ones you like. Karen
@winzheng (74)
HI,KAREN.I like all the colors but it is a matter of meaning,ie. I like blue,pink,white in my bedroom for the softness,the romance,... I like green in living room for nature,peace,nuturing, I do like touch of red,yellow,orange in kitchen for the energy,joy,health,vitality,...
Hi Winzheng. You have chosen your the colors in your home very wisely, as they each serve the purposes you mentioned. Your house sounds inviting, a nice place to be, I should imagine. Thank you for sharing your preferences :) Karen
@angemac23 (2005)
The most predominant color in my apartment now seems to be white and off white colors....very bright.
Hello Angemac. White seems to be popular with landlords. They say it is much easier to repaint it when one tenant moves out and another will move it. At least it's very versatile, and yes, bright lol. Have a great weekend. Karen