online Scams

@erikmama (12929)
have you ever been the victim of an online scam? what was it/ what did you do?
I thought this one was actually pretty tricky, since I've been making my living online for 12 years and I thought I'd seen it all. This one got me. I received an email from someone stating that they wanted to buy a domain name that I owned and they listed the domain. They made a fairly respectable offer but then said they needed me to have my domain name appraised. They listed three companies in the email that they would accept an appraisal. One I knew was very respectable but quite expensive. The other two I'd never heard of but their fees were really cheap. I went with the appraisal company I knew and paid more. That appraisal company wrote and asked me if I had received an email offering to buy my domain. I told them yes, I forwarded it to the email to them. They replied that it was a scam. Apparently the scammer hopes you will use one of the other two appraisal companies because they own them. They get your money, your credit card info, and then bam,....you've been scammed. I was very, very lucky. The respectable, more expensive company, refunded my money. The trouble is, I have sold domain names through emails like this. My advice is to reply to the email. If they don't reply back, don't use them. Get more information before you do business. Use an escrow service. And only use an appraisal company that you know and respect.
@erikmama (12929)
Right now I am making my living online, too, but I can say that it is very hard! What do you do to earn online, if you don't mind my asking you. WOW!! That is scam I have never heard of. People come up with some crap in an attmp to sam others. It is so sad! I am glad however that you choose the one that you were familiar with and they were not able to scam you. Did yo hear from the people wanting to buy your domain again? What made the company yo udecided to use suspect something was up?