The Universe In My Opinion, Don't Get Offended.

Ok Here Goes, scientist can see the end of our universe. they can guess at the age from how it's expanding, they can see the far of quasars and know the size of this universe. But how can this be the only one? what was here before the big bang? if the big bang started this universe then it was either reborn after it collapsed on its self or it is a new universe. But either way there are many more universes out there, just like the cells in our body are created and die out and make up a bigger thing, so is our universe just a small part of something greater. and in fact that greater universe is just a small part of an even great object. and so on and so on. space is in fact infinite as well as time. tell me what you think but please no insults. francisco
@dragon54u (31646)
I've thought a lot about this. As a child, it fascinated me. I always wondered what came before the universe and what nothing was like, who created God and things like that. I also entertained thoughts that perhaps this universe is just one of many--our universe is contained in an atom that is part of a molecule in the body of a person that must be enormous and we must be very infinitesimal. That person, in turn, is living in an atom that is part of another person! Or perhaps we aren't really here at all but part of someone's dream; ten thousand of our years are like a fraction of a second to the dreamer. When the dreamer awakes, our universe will disappear. I love playing with this question!
not sure about the dream part but the concept of things getting bigger and bigger is what i think is true, we can't see out of this universe because there is a huge expanse of emptiness between our universe and the countless others that make up a bigger object that in turn makes up a bigger object and so on and so on :) take care and happy mylotting
@tixepower (1196)
• Sweden
Wasn't big bang just something that started this solarsystem? I don't think it started the whole universe.. I belive that universe is also a part of something bigger with small universes or something. It will be really hard to know for us :P
The theory is that there was nothing, then it exploded and became everything that is.. This idea alone convinces me that present day scientists are quite limited in their thinking.
the big bang theory is based on the expanding universe and is possible, the nothing here before it notion is nonsense, there are other universes and if the big bang theory is true, than it is only after our previous universe had inploded as apposed to exploded.
@byfaithonly (10716)
Have to say you have me thinking and my brain is not working well. I do believe that there is something bigger to come but just can't understand how science can determine such a thing as the end of the universe - I mean have we even explored our entire universe. I think 'people' are distroying earth and in time will probably do what they can to distroy the universe also but can't see anyone saying when that will be.
there are maps of the known universe, the farthest galaxies and the quasars out on the edge of the universe. but to me it has to be just a small part of a bigger object. as for us destroying the universe, not likely. we might be able to destroy the solar system in time but not the universe. thank you for taking the time to respond to my discussion, happy mylotting and have a good night, get some rest :) francisco
That will be a mystery forever. For me, it never fail to amaze me how big are the universe and the infinite mysteries it holds. I think, no matter if all the people in the world research this, there will never an answer to this. We will never know.
well thank you for taking the time to read my opinion. it sure is a big place :) take care and happy posting Francisco
@shav9292 (928)
yes i often think about that when im in class or simply resting in bed. the more i think of it the more deep it goes and the more confused i get. when i wake up from this fantastic journey through space i feel that somehow my worries,problems and responsibilities and much bigger than the universe itself..lol you are right my friend...the universe might be among other bigger objects or it might be never ending but that is beyond what a mere human mind can grasp. anyway thanks for the discussion.....i just love to talk about the universe!!:) take care!
@hexeduser22 (6708)
The universe is big and is a mystery. If we can uncover the mystery in our deepest sea then maybe we can see or uncover some mystery of our universe. We certainly do not know what kind of creatures are living within our deepest sea and that's here in our own planet what more the universe which is rumored to be very big and unfathomable for today's technology
It is a vast place indeed. And we will never even understand our own planet before we destroy it, much less the universe.