Children and beverage

China
Water and milk are the best beverage for children. It is good to prepare a bottle of water at hand for children whether going to school or to sports, so that he will have it available when thirsty. When he is back from sports, better prepare a glass of water. Iced water from refrig is no good right after exercise. Milk is good beverage to supplement calcium and VD, but no more than two glasses, otherwise, he might feel too full for meals. Fruit juice is also good with Vitamins and antioxiditing elements. But too much is neither good. It is recommended no more than 180 mm for kids below 6, and double for above. Hope the tips are helpful for our children.
@thea09 (18316)
• Greece
Hi zhuhuifen. I agree with you, my son has a glass of milk morning and night, one is just before bed. I encourage him only to drink water as it is so hot he needs to be kept hydrated. I love bottles of frozen water but my son prefers it just from the fridge, not too cold. We live in a tourist area and see many parents giving pop drinks to their children continually which is completely dehydrating in the heat and often times the children then appear sickly due to lack of water. My son goes off to school each day with a bottle of water and they have a spring water tap at the school to fill it up throughout the day, pop drinks along with sweets are not allowed into the school.
Thanks for sharing. Your son weighs so much to you. Have a great day.
@cwong77 (2011)
thanks zhufhuifen46, this indeed a great tip for children. And I totally agree with you that cold drinks are not good, and we should not encourage our child to have that, especially after a hot day / heavy sports
Thanks for responding.
@nehaagra (849)
Yep water is the best beverage. For my kids too,, i do fill their water bottles, and they take them along whereever they go... And i do not keep water in the fridge, so they do not have a habit of drinking cold water. About juices my kids are really fond of it, and they can drink as much as i give, but don't give them much as it fills their tummy and also more juice may cause cold and cough. Its better to give them fruits instead .. Thanx for sharing the info,..