Baby Boom?!?

@jillhill (37379)
My nephew and his wife are having a baby on Oct. 1 (c section). Last week I found out that another one of my nieces is due in January. Well today I found out that another niece is due in April! Do you think that this economy is having anything to do with a baby boom? I mean with people staying home more and using their money for different things do you think it's possible? Looks like it is in my family! LOL
Congrads. Tell your niece to hope for a late Januray baby. We Capricorns are tough to raise , at least that's what my mom told me about me.I don't know if the economy has anything to do with it. If couples were planning to have kids and didn't have the money wouldn't they wait? Well, enjoy the new arrivals.
@jillhill (37379)
Totally will enjoy them all~! I am sooooooo excited! I love babies! Especially when I don't have to pay for them!
@carolbee (16231)
You have a very busy family. Congratulations. Will you get to visit the babies on a regular basis or do they live in other parts of the country? What an exciting time for your family. I agree with you about people being home more often because of the job situation. Free time, two people in love equals a population increase.
@jillhill (37379)
Oh I will get to see them..our family actually does alot of things together and that is a good thing...and we have a family website so when one is born the picture is up and we all get to see them right away.....now I'll have to get busy planning showers! LOL
@carolbee (16231)
That's neat that your family has a website.
@gabs8513 (48710)
Well it certainly sounds like it lol, just like there used to be Baby Booms when the electricity used to be of for a while, or nothing on TV lol Now with it going on in your Family Jill please be careful lol as it might be catching Hugs to you
@jillhill (37379)
Crib is gone but the playpen is still in good condition! LOL
@gabs8513 (48710)
Lol that's ok then
@kprofgames (3099)
LMAO - That's what I was thinking. My daughter is expecting, then found out a friend of mine and his wife are expecting and then another family friend is too. It's like wow - population boom! I don't know about the economy, but after the war there was the first big baby boom because the er, boys were back home again.
@jillhill (37379)
Well today I found out that two more I know of are pregnant....one is a gal I used to work with! She wasn't expecting it at all! Maybe we should tell them how they get that way! LOL!
@suzzy3 (8352)
From what I can gather the birth rate goes up in an electric strike,or the birth rate went down when tv became popular.May be like you say people are staying in and doing other things.Mind you all those babies how wonderful.All those cuddles and babysitting duties coming up.
@jillhill (37379)
WHen my sister called yesterday we both had a good cry! My niece is 36....she never thought she would find mr. right...and now they are married and expecting! Woo Hoo!
@cynthiann (18613)
• Jamaica
I seem to remember that many years ago, New York suffered a blackout and was without electricity and sure enough there were lots of babies born nine months later! I lived on a farm without a telephone and for some years without a television as we could not get reception. I had three boys in three years. does that tell you something?
@jillhill (37379)
Ah! good reply! And lots of action!
@ANTIQUELADY (36468)
i'M SURE it has alot to do w/it. Nice way to pass the time.. it would have been cheaper if they had gone to the movies.
@jillhill (37379)
You are so right! lOL
Congratulations! I think people are wiser now with having kids. Families tend to be smaller now, particularly in the third world countries where government focuses on birth control. On the other hand, the previous generation is leaving a new generation completely different. But, I do not think it is a baby boom similar to our problem before. It is just a normal human nature of generation building. heheh. Good day!
@jillhill (37379)
Well they will all be loved and given lots of attention....and you are right...these are only second or first babies in a family! So Happy!
@katsmeow1213 (28910)
About 3 of my old high school friends are currently pregnant, all 3 already have children. Another just had her baby earlier this month. I've actually just found out about one of my friend's pregnancies, so yeah, I think perhaps you're right, because I myself was wondering if it was something in the water or what!! Keep your fingers crossed I don't go next... 5 kids is enough for me!
@jillhill (37379)
That would be enough for me too! LOL