R U Afriad of Flying?

My Hubby is terrified of flying. He's so spooked that he usually had to have some alchol in him to settle his nerves. But since 9/11 happened he absolutly refuses to step foot in a plane ever again. So I supposed whenever when can come up with the funds to take the family on a trip, we are driving. Wich is ok w/ my I drove cross country once with him and I really enjoyed it.
@Shar19 (8236)
Yes I am afraid of flying. I have flown three times so far and each time I had to take an anxiety pill and a pill for nauseau.
No, I'm not afraid to fly. But even with statistics showing it is safer to fly than drive, I understand why people would still prefer to not fly.
i'm not afraid,but i don't like it. i'd rather take my chances on the ground where i have half a chance of surviving rather than falling out of the sky. ..and the 911 airport IS my local airport. their security sucked long before that happened,i'm not surprised that's the one they picked.
@ElicBxn (61063)
I love to fly, I've flown several times since 911, and not had any problem - I just don't have the time to drive
I am not afraid of flying honestly, I only manage to fly when I turned 16 and that was the best first flight for me. After that until now, I am so eager to fly and I have been flying here and there for my vacations from hard earned money. I love the feelings when the plane take off and landing. I enjoy the trip no matter long or short I will never be sleeping throughout the whole flight.
@thedaddym (1736)
I would not say I am afraid. I will fly, but I prefer not to. If I absalutely have to I will, but I don't really like it. I don't like that someone else is in control of the plane, I don't like other people to drive me either, I prefer to drive because then I am in control I feel safer that way. I do get a little anxious on planes, but usually only during the take off and landing, I am usually fine while we are in flight.