Spam City

@erikmama (12929)
My e-mail is with g-mail. It seems like there are 150 or more spams in my box every single day. I was trying to unsubscribe to all of them, til someone on here told me not to do that, it was only verifying the e-mail for the sender to send more spam. Anyways, im thinking that is a lot or spam in one day! What do you think? How many spams do you receive per day?
@LouieWpHs04 (4558)
Yeah, by verifying the email you only acknowledge that you're a person and not a robot and that you actively check your email. Thus, more spam in the attempts for you to buy something through one of the emails or depending on the spam, possibly get viruses or scammed. It's pretty annoying. Thing is, Gmail itself actually you won't ever get spam from. The spam comes from the sites you sign up with. I have an email that got found out by spammers that hacked some site I was a part of so that email gets spammed all the time, now. However! My email I use to send resumes and such to businesses has yet to get one single spam. I did sign up for a few places but they were trusted and only send me updates related to them which isn't really spam.. but they sure send a lot of unneccesary updates. The best thing you can do is simply make a new email & don't sign up for a bunch of stuff with it.
@erikmama (12929)
Ick! I think I have done this on more than one occassion. There is so much to learn when dealing with the Internet! For the most part it now all gets deleted. Gmail does a good job most of the time, but occassionaly spam does get into my inbox and sometimes things that arent spam end up there!!lol
I do not recieve and spam per day but some times i do get around some 10 or 15. Its better you do not open your spam list. Or else the best option is that some times when a person sends you any mail it resides in spam, give a check if there aren't any of your mails then feel free to leave that window, because gmail deletes the spam every month.
@erikmama (12929)
Wow...I would love to only get 10 or 15 a day!! I get far more than that. Most of the time I do not bother checkin it, but sometimes I do and regular emails somehow get in there. usualy i do not open it.
@Mge3dme (29)
I get about the same amount of spam for one of my email addresses. I have separate addresses to help deal with this. I don't think it matters what email provider you use. It just matters who you give your email address out to. If you do a lot of signing up for offers and things like that then they will sooner or later give away your email address to spammers. It can also be harvested of your personal website or blog sometimes too.
@erikmama (12929)
I thought that I had seperate emails for all of this, but over time even my main email is been flooded with spam, as many as 200 in a day. I use gmail and also yahoo and find that i get mre in gmail but that could just be because of who i am giving the email out to.
Your are getting these sort of spam mail becuase of you given email id in some untrusted site.Use filtering / blocking of such mail at setting option