Are you afraid of the dark?

@leprosa (127)
This might be a dumb question for many of you, but I want to know. I am not really afraid of the dark, but I have this thing that whenever I turn off the lights, I have to go back running to my room thinking someone might be behind me. It seems silly, and im aware, but its something I do all the time. I can be in a dark room, sleep in the dark, etc. but just when I'm alone and turn off the lights I do that. Are any of you guys afraid of the dark? or something like that?
@erikmama (12929)
i can admit it, i am afraid of the dark not the same type of afraid as when i was a child though. i just get scared if i have to be out by myself, or if it is dark and quiet it kinda freaks me out a bit.sometimes i hear and see things that arent there when its nice and dark..
@leprosa (127)
Yes, I don't like being alone in the dark aswell... I mean, I can be in my room by myself, but if the house is empty I don't like it much. As a child I don't remember being afraid of the dark. I remember when I was little I use to have my own room in the first floor while my parents and my brother would sleep upstairs. The only company I had was my dog that slept with me, but I wasn't scared of the dark. It would get real dark down there, and sometimes I would hear noises since I was close to the front door. Thank you for your response! :)