Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen

@erikmama (12929)
I have a 4 year old who is Transformers crazy! I am not a movie person, so I rarley go to a theater. I promised him I would take him to the 2nd movie. So we went to a Regal Imax Theater. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the prices-$15 for adults, $11.50 for kids. He ended up wanting to do something else instead of see the movie, and I was so glad! I would have been out $30 just on admissions. I am wondering how much a movie costs where you're from. How often do you see a movie in the theater?
@besthope44 (12141)
Its a wonderful movie..I like the 1st and 2nd part ..awaiting to watch the 3rd part. Am a fan of Megan fox!!. This is my favorite movie.
@erikmama (12929)
Cool! There is a 3rd Transformers movie coming out? Don't tell my lil man!! Hehe! Megan Fox is from Tennessee, here where I am ar! Thats pretty neat! But remember,its Makayla!lol
@Shery32 (424)
• Saudi Arabia
Hmmm, where do I start :D LOL this movie is really great. I enjoyed watching it and would love to see it again. As for the price, I don't know how much do kids pay but when I watched the movie, I paid $12 or so for the tickets. I don't think it should be $15, it is too much? The movie is not that new now! I guess you can download it or watch it online if you don't like the price it as some movies does not worth paying for but this one is :) Thanks for sharing & happy MyLotting
@erikmama (12929)
Thank you! We are going tobe late comers and buy it on dvd!
• Atlantic City, New Jersey
hey erikmama, First let me say I am with your son 100% the Transformers totally ROCK!!! I loved the first one so much I can watch it over and over. I have seen the second one (at home) and it is a very good movie. Mylotters above me are absolutely right about IMAX being more than regular theaters. In my area I would pay about $7 for a regular movie theater and double that for an IMAX experience. Personally I do not attend any type of theater because the smell of popping buttered popcorn makes me nautious (ever since I was a child). So I tend to get my movies delivered to my home before they come out if you catch my drift. Now although I get these new movies very cheap (about $5 each), if I love the movie, like I did Transformers 1 & 2- I do buy the actual DVD when it is released.
@erikmama (12929)
You have a friend for life! He is Transformers crazy and loves anyone else who is! I have seen the first one soooo many times.He loves it .Right now he is really into Star Wars. I miss the Transformers! I don't really care for Star Wars. I could handle $7.But it seems that I will not be enjoying a movie in Imax anytime soon anunless somene decides to take me an pay! LOL! He has seen both movies, has nboth on DVD also. He likes the 2nd but the first is it! I hear a 3rd is in the works?!?!????
@kgwat70 (13395)
This was a very good movie and definitely worth seeing. The first one was still better but this one had tons of action, humor, romance and everything else. You should rent it on dvd, which would be so much less expensive. I think with it being IMax that is why it was that expensive. Movies where I am are $10.50 for adults in the evening and $8.00 during the day. Still expensive so I do not make frequent trips to the theaters. I have seen a few movies this summer but not many before summer began.
@erikmama (12929)
We were finally able to see it. He really really liked it for a couple of months, then he just lost interest in it.I think the first movie is the best and am glad that we did not see it at those prices that day! It has been a long time since I have been to a thearer!!LOL!
Imax is usually more costlier than the other theaters because of the whole 3D experience.I live in India and i must say ticket prices are not that high.It really depends on where you wish to see the film.If its a single screen theater ticket prices are within $1.5-$2.5 but if its a multiplex the prices are much more than that (specially on weekends).A movie in the multiplex usually costs upto $3-$5.In Imax which is very recently launched in our city tickets cost somewhere around $6.
@erikmama (12929)
Yes,I know,I just couldn't believe how much! I would love to watch a movie in 3D Imax, but not at those prices! LOL!! Hehe,I could do the $3 for the Imax! What a major diffreence in price!
i like it too,when i was a child,i had saw in TV,now i can see it in film ,it's crazy,i hope everybody can love it
@erikmama (12929)
It is great how all of the great stuff frin the 89's has nmade such a comeback especiallt the Transformers!!
• Estonia
You should take into count, that IMAX ofcourse is alot more expensive than the normal version. And as we here only had the normal version of Transformers 2 here.. I guess once i convert the amounts to dollars, I'd be paying (and i did - worth every penny) a bit over 6 bucks.
@erikmama (12929)
Yes,next time I will head to a differnt type of theatre! I know this would have been a great experience, but not at that price!
Well I saw the movie in cinema and on DVD. Although when i saw it I think, the film was around £7 (7 pound)whci as I checked on xe.com is around $10.74 which i think you would agree is expensive. It wouldnt surprise me is 25% of that was VAT (Value Added Tax). If I chose to see Avatar 3D it would cost me about £9 which is around $13.82. Eitherway, I am a fan of the Transformer movies, and enjoyed them both a lot, and would really like to try the 3D version if the 3rd movie comes out in 3D.