Rice or Not?

@erikmama (12929)
Can you cook rice? I have attempted this easy faet many, many times. Not once has my rice came out edible. You would think this would be one of the simplest things to cook-boiling water. Can you cook rice? I have found a solution-ready to cook-just put it in the microwave a couple of minutes and ta-dah! Rice perfection!
Yeh, ican cook rice well as it is our daily meal. We can make rice by different methods. You can put it in cooker, make it by steaming or make it by just putting lot of water and then boil it. check it after sometime (around 15 min)if the rice granule is done pour the excess water by putting into drainer. by this method rice comes out to be very nice and quantity of water doesn,t matter.
@agv0419 (3027)
I know how to cook rice sometimes cooking it is trial in error because there's a lot of varieties of rice that is needs more water some are not. When I was 9 yrs. old my mother taught me how to cook rice so we would not how to cook it if we left alone in our house. Back then the rice that I'm cooking is burned or raw or too watery. Now I know the secret of proper way of cooking it if you don't sure how much water to put it you should lower the fire after it boils so the rice cooks evenly and well.
@bdugas (3580)
I couldn't even get it right in a rice cooker, or should I say to suit me, to me rice cookers make it like a lump of sticky glue. One day my mother in law was at the house and she ask why I was using the rice cooker, I told her I can not make rice, so she said let me show you. She took the amount of rice we needed, put it in a pan with water about 2 inches over it, put it on the stove and boiled it until when you took out a grain it was tender. She then took the rice dumped it out into a strainer and ran hot water over it till the water ran clear. End product rice that you could pick up each grain, no sticky starch. The way I have been doing it since that day. Let me give you another little tip, did you know that when you cook a macaroni product, that it should not only be drained when done, but hot water ran over it too. I never though about it till I seen one of the chefs on Foodnetwork say that it is still covered in starch when you just drain it. I tried my next batch and you will be amazed at the difference in taste.
@malpoa (1218)
I can cook it allright, but only 3 days back i tried straining the water n burned my palm. normally it is our cook who does it, but that cursed time i felt like doing n i ended up with a burn... it is always easy to cook rice in rice cooker. tension free n care free..
@levite (1062)
I cook it using an ordinary cauldron or the rice cooker.
@levite (1062)
Yup! Cooking rice is fun for me to do. I pour water upon the rice and measure it up to the half-size of my thumb, and the rice is just right to eat when cooked.
Rice is, I would say, one of the hardest foods to cook. My rice always comes out sticky and a little gooey, and I hate it! All of my friends use instant rice, and I though that was a cheap cop-out for making rice, but hey, there's looks good, and mine does not. I have never used it at home though-I always buy the long grain kind you have to boil....but maybe I won't from now on! What a good tpoic....
@busky5 (3165)
• Thailand
I can cook rice by a rice machine.I think it is easiest to cook.I think the food which eat with rice harder cooking than rice.
@lelin1123 (15635)
• Puerto Rico
Yes I can make a good pot of rice. Its really very easy to do. Wash amount has to match the Rice amount. Once the water boils pour the rice in and let it boil more until the water is about 1/2 inch from the rice. Then lower the flame cover and let it cook for another 15 or 20 minutes. Really very easy but practice makes perfect since I have been cooking rice for over 30 years. Good Luck to you.
I have trouble with rice as well, it always winds up way to sticky, or way to wtery. I have better luck if i am using minute rice versus regular rice, but it is still not a thing i have mastered. Are you speaking of the rices like the "Uncle Ben's rice packets"? I have tried those and they are conveinient, and come in many flavors, but i often find i have to cook them much longer than it instructs on the package, otherwise the rice is to undercooked for my taste.
@cutepenguin (6447)
I have a rice cooker. Otherwise, i would just do it in a pot on the stove.
@ckyera (17342)
hehe... well me, yes i can...i have learned it when i am still young, about 10 or 11...but of course with the guidance of my mom! now i am the one who's cooking in the house and rice is a part of our every meal...i can say that i can cook it well but not really perfect...sometimes i do it very nice but there are times that i still have some mistakes like putting too much water, or sometimes less water (specially if the variety of rice is new)...and sometimes i forget it and so it burns..hehehe but with all those i also learn how to give remedies in every situation...hehehe