Go Green

@erikmama (12929)
Is there anything you will only eat if it is organic? Do you mind paying the extra price for it?
@dlr297 (5416)
Most of the stuff that i eat is 100% organic, The only time that it is not is when i can not find something that i want. I feel that my health and my husbands is worth the extra cost. We have a grocery store here that only sells organic products so the cost is a little less than in a regular grocery store, and the products are fresher because that is all they deal in. I have read in a few different places that if you could only get one organic product it should be butter, and then meats.
@erikmama (12929)
You know I do not think many organic items really cost a lot more.For the longest organic milk was cheaper than regular milk! I am worried about my health as well as my families, but the whole organic thing has not hit me.I do not buy organic most of the time.
@dlr297 (5416)
When i have to eat something that is not organic all i think about is all the poisions that they spray on it, and all the other things that they do to our food before we get it.
I try to only eat organic fruits and veggies. For the last year or so, we've been able to stick with organics. Lately the quality of the organic fruit at my local store hasn't been up to par, but I'm hoping as it gets later into summer, the quality improves. It is a little more expensive, but on some items, it's almost the same price (and in some cases, even less expensive) And the benefits have helped my youngest son with his allergies...helped tremendously.
@erikmama (12929)
I agree that some organic foods are cheaper-when milk was really expensive a while back, the organic milk was $1 cheaper! I think it is about 75cents higher now!Thanks for responding!
@Jennlk84 (4216)
Unfortunately my husband and I can't always afford to buy purely organic! It's so darn expensive. There aren't any foods out there that I'll only eat organic - but if organic items are on sale or if I have a coupon, I definitely take advantage and buy it up!
@erikmama (12929)
I can relate to that!! But, a few months ago I noticed that organics were about the same price, and the milk was cheaper than the regular stuff!! I also do not typically buy organics. I just g to what I know and is familiar I suppose/
@dlr297 (5416)
I spend the extra cash on buying organic, even though we do not have a lot of cash coming in. a few years ago my health was terrible, and since we have been eating organic, both my husband an me are feeling so much better, and my health has changed for the better.