get paid for poetry

Well I have really been thinking about my approach to making money online. I write a lot of poems. It is somethign I picked up as a child and I continue to write. I really enjoy it..so with that being said.. Do you know a way I could make money off my poems?
@oscar6 (1939)
I believe you can get paid for your poems on associatedcontent. However they will not pay you upfront for them. you get paid by the number of page views that your poems generate. This starts off at 1.50 per 1000 page views. I hope this helps and good luck with your poetry writing.
@BuffMom (2215)
Wow I've been wondering the same thing! I've been writing poetry since I was a teen. I had binders full of my poetry. It would be cool to make money writing poems. I have not heard of anything like that so far though.
Thank you all so much for the suggestions...I've been doing some writing as well, and nice to see some other options to pursue.
I am in the same boat so I hope you do get some good suggestions that can help both of us. I have a lots of poems I would love to get paid a bit for, i love to write but making any kind of money wou ld make it even sweeter. good luck to us both. hatley here.