Child Abuse

@erikmama (12929)
Do you think that constantly yelling or belittling a child is abuse? Do you think a child should be taken away from the person for this?
@phyrre (2321)
Yes, I very much feel like that's abuse. Just because they're not being hit, a lot of people think it's not abuse, but it counts as verbal abuse, in particular emotional abuse. It can be very traumatic to a child and can cause a lot of emotional troubles. It's not a healthy environment to grow up in. I think the parents should be given a warning first, not just have the child taken away. Sometimes parents don't realize that what they're doing is wrong or they don't realize the seriousness of what they do. So taking the child away right off the bat isn't exactly fair. I would suggest a warning and then another check up later on to see if the environment has gotten any better for the child. :)
Yes I do believe that this is a form of child abuse. It is emotional abuse which in many cases can be harder to overcome than physical abuse. How can a person ever establish any kind of self esteem when they are constantly yelled at or belittled? I don't think that the child could be taken away from a person on account of this, but I think that a parent who is guilty of this kind of crime should be required to go to some parenting classes.