Is a step mom and step grandma too?

@Trensue (5259)
I am ranting and raving and maybe I have no right to do so. My step son and his girl friend had a baby. I was elated. We purchased all the supplies for the nursery and rocking chair and everything on the list they didn't get at the shower. Now he is approaching 1 year old and they will not leave the child with me alone for even 10 minutes. The girlfriend said she doesn't know what the problem is and my husband says to leave it alone. I am really hurt by this. Would you say nothing and keep it inside to keep family peace?
@magikrose (5423)
To be honest I would politely speak out. That is not right at all. You spent your time and money not only helping to raise your step-son, but helped buy things for the baby. It is not right that You get pushed asside with out an explaination plain and simple. All you can do is invite your step-son over for coffee by himself and have a private talk and find out what his issue is so that you can resolve it as best you can.
WOW I know you are hurt and I know what you are going through, I am a mom and a grandmother but also a step mom. Step children can be very difficult ..even as adults. I don't know your situation or relationship with your step son but if you are hurt by this, keeping silent is not the answer. I do wonder if your Stepson and his Girlfriend leave the child alone with anyone else. If they don't , than that's nothing to be upset about because some new parents feel uneasy or guilty leaving their child with ANYONE. If however they do have other babysitters than I would approach them both and ask what the problem is and explain why this hurts you. After all we as Grandparents even step grandparents want quality time with our Grand babies too. Hugs 2 you !
@UmiNoor (3697)
Wow, that must have hurt some. I would be hurt. It's like they don't trust you to be with the child alone for even 10 minutes. I would listen to your husband and not push the issue. Let the children come to their senses and decide for themselves if they'd want to leave their baby with you. It's their baby after all.
@anniefannie (1737)
iknow how you feel i was never alowed to keep my grand son and now he is 11 he don't want to stay with me . it is up to you.it didn't help when i said something about it.what goes around comes around what i have been told.i just hope i live long enough to see it.