E-bikes?

@scorpio16 (1707)
How do you rate the new e-bikes, which do not need any fuel and the bikes are being run by motor and battery only. Should we go for that? What are the pros and cons with respect to Fuel filled bikes.
@JAG2009 (267)
E-bikes? This is the first I have heard of such an invention! Maybe I'm really outdated! Your questions & topic have motivated me to check it out for myself!
@johndur (3049)
• Pasig, Philippines
e-bikes doesnt need fuel to run but your have to charge its batteries before you can use it.there is a lot of e-bikes use in my country right now and so far its beginning to become popular but it has limitations like riders weight,the lenght of the travel but im sure if they can make it more powerful and longer lasting im sure it can replace the ordinary motorbikes.
@stephcjh (32327)
I think thise would be great if they recharged themselves or stayed charged for a long haul. I heard you have to stop ever so often and recharge them though. I would be afraid to be out somehwere and not have a place to charge it to get back home.
I think they are cool.I've been looking into them. They're much much cheaper to run than fuel bikes They have less repairs as no gear transmission etc They omit no pollution. Depending on model they can give 40km to 100 km per charge They're top speed is about 35km/hour Good for short journeys Fuel bikes give better speed Petrol bunks are everywhere so can go on longer journeys than 100km Basically fuel bikes are better if you need them for longer runs.