Will there ever be world peace?

All my life I was taught that people are people, people are the same. But are we really? It seems people are in fact different . . . race, culture, religion, etc etc . . . we are not the same. I think until we can all respect and celebrate the "differences" in people, we will never have world peace. What do you think?
Simple answer Nope!
Hi, Much! It's highly doubtful. People have too many differences. We could, however, evolve to the point of a world without war. Eventually, everyone must realize it makes no sense to kill and volunteer to be killed. Disagreements can be settled in most cases. When they can't, we can agree to disagree.
I think we are the same. What I mean is: we all have a race a culture, beliefs of some kind, etc, etc... That they differ doesn´t mean they are not to be respected. I like mylot so much because I can talk from my country (Chile, South Amercia) with my friends in various parts of our mother earth. I have interchanged recipes, we have talked about our children... And the interests are about the same in everyone. It´s not the common people who make the wars nor the common people who profit from them.
@GHUNZ999 (20)
not as long as we got greedy people running the world and are drunk with power cause the money isn't the issue it's control they want.... not as long as we believe the president has more power than he has and are not on these bankers payroll like the ones before him except j.f.k who was going to get rid of the federal reserve that's why he was killed.... not as long as we believe the mainstream media and all they lies to keep us terrorfied and un inform and docil and scare us with swine flu just so the pharma can make money and eject us with a mercury filled vaccine that cause autism, alzhiemers etc. man i can go on.
I wish we could all celebrate our differences. I do't think there will ever be would peace as long as there are people here! There will always be greed and competition and such.
@Boyetski (989)
World peace is only a dream and will stay there until the earth losses life.. It's our nature.. All living things has the tendency to protects its territory.. That is why world peace is a FICTION. . . It's because of this rules " My territory, My Rules" bend that and there will be war.. . Sadly every one of us want's our own territory to rule..
@Pose123 (21662)
Hi much2say, Sadly, people refuse to accept the fact that we are all one. Race, culture and religion should not play a part in this. You are right we must learn to respect each other for who we are, children of the universe, all with the same right to be here. Don't we all love our children and want the best for them? Don't we all get hungry and thirsty? Aren't we all born and don't we all die? I do believe that world peace will come someday-maybe sooner than we think. Blessings.
Basic human nature does not change. We all have the need to care and be caring, to eat, sleep, and reproduce our kind. That the diversity of our widespread species creates regional and cultural differences in the details of how we believe and live is the two-edged sword we need to deal with and overcome. If people spent half as much time looking at the similarities in each other rather than looking for the differences, it would soon start working for a more pleasant world. There is but one race, and that is the HUMAN race. The big problem is the "Cult of Greed" that drives people to have more than they need at the expense of others who may not have enough to even live. As ever, the changes come slowly and usually only on the individual level. There may never be world peace but we can each choose to make their little corner of it just that much better if we only allow ourselves to look at our fellow humans as fellow humans.