What exactly is a myLot code??

I just read a question about myLot codes and I do remember seeing it somewhere (I think when I'm writing a new discussion). What is a myLot code and what is it used for? Sorry, I'm still learning about the ropes here!
@akuler (3534)
Hi much2say. You can find mylot code when your want to started a discussion, response or comment. It is on the left side of your text box. Mylot code is some feature like smiley icon or emoticons. You can also use it to bold, underline or italic your texts. But you can only used it after you reach your 200th posts. Your total posts is the number beside your username. You have 86 to go before you can used it. Good luck.
@mysdianait (65058)
It is this
@akuler (3534)
What is that?
Ohhhhh . . . is that all that is? (Smacking my forehead). I never pushed that myLot code thing . . . I guess I could have found that out all by myself, eh? Well thank you for the myLot code information . . . now I know . . . and I had no idea that I could look forward to playing with some toys here on myLot. I guess my next goal is to reach 200 posts!!!!
@rosekiss (30327)
• Eugene, Oregon
The mylot code is the smileys that you can only add to your posts when you reach 200. You are getting close now, and when you get there, you will have lots of fun using them. You know though, when I reached 200, I forgot about using the smileys. I guess I was having a senir moment then. I reaslly didn't start using them until I got to 1000 posts. I sure did miss out on all the fun of using them didn't I? Anyway, I have resally been having fun using them, as it they really do let me express myself. The only thing about it is though, we can only put in 3 smileys. I wish we could use more, as I would sure use lots of them if I could. I hope this had helped you understand about the mylot code. Good luck to you and happy mylotting.
I've used these smileys in email and such . . . but never heard them called a "code", so I think that's what threw me off. I thought myLot codes were something more serious than that - ha ha! But yes, thank you for your explanation! I await my time to use the myLot codes! :)