Better Discussions.

@lilaclady (28236)
Australia
How many people here think it would be better if the people who don't really have an interesting topic to start up would be better off just responding to interesting topics others have started rather than asking the same questions over and over, it's not as if you get so much more for starting a topic anyway....anyone agree...
@denax1 (708)
I agree. I have a very hard time coming up with interesting topics. So, I spend my time responding to discussions instead of starting them.
@lilaclady (28236)
Thanks for responding...glad you agree
i would love some actual disussions going on ..about anything honestly instead of the one liners and yes and no things..take half the night just to wade through them to get to something you may want to read and answer
I have made like 3 disc on this very subject...but they are always on page # 23423 in 5 seconds b/c all the one liners.
@lilaclady (28236)
yeh I know what you mean I gave up the other night because the questions were just silly...thanks for answering...
@LovingIt (5398)
Yes. I totally agree. People seem to think they have to start to discussions to make money here and that's just not true. Responding, if you give good, meaningful answers, makes as much, if not more money. Starting topics that have already been discussed or that require short yes or no type answers make you zero!!! Read the guidelines folks! They are found at the bottom right hand corner of the page.
@LovingIt (5398)
Please read them - The guidelines help everyone!
.
@lilaclady (28236)
Thanks for your response maybe more will take your advice...
@juicemilk (2286)
I agree :) I only start maybe one topic a day, I rarely sit there and try to think of a topic, if I have a question then I'll ask it. It gets boring trawling through all the nonsense topics
@balasri (26549)
I totally agree with you.
@lilaclady (28236)
lets hope we get some good topics...Thanks
@tmnjyk (3486)
First of all, once I see you responding my discussions, I can recognize you because of this cute emoticon with flag you have!...I find it really really cute. Anyways, yeah, I would rather respond to discussions than make the same question again. For the last three days, I come up with different topics, and I noticed, many have copied mine:((
@lilaclady (28236)
Thank you, I think smileys are very happy little things, they always manage to put smiles on peoples faces...I guess thats why they are called smileys....thanks :)
@crabby1 (304)
Hi Lilaclady, I couldn't agree more. It seems a lot of the Mylot members only have a rudimentary knowledge of English and they constantly post questions in the hope someone will respond and by doing so they can increase their earnings but there again you can't blame them, ten dollars in a third world country is a lot of money. I'm located in Narellan Vale 40 miles south west of Sydney where are you?
@lilaclady (28236)
Hello crabby,I understand what you are saying, I am from Melbourne Australia.
@myklj999 (31485)
• Olney, Illinois
I'm really starting to have trouble finding topics I feel are worth responding to, and I won't respond to topics that require one word answers. There have been several on here that I have thought were just ridiculous. I'm really starting to just respond to other people's answers in topics I had already posted in.
@lilaclady (28236)
yeh I have been going into my friends threads to try and fins things I haven't already resoponed to as the main page frustrates me with the silly questions....thanks for the input...
@rosebug23 (1909)
Liliaclady,Oh you are so right just a few good topics instead of half the rubbish that is on here would be great .If it is not worthwhile, interesting or a genuine question why bother i whole heartedly agree . No more nonsense please
@lilaclady (28236)
I think everyone has thoughts and ideas on things of interest I don't know why they just don't share those and when they don't have anything to share then just join in on other peoples, I guess they think they will earn more by starting a topic which is not so...Thanks for your response
@meeoww (1174)
Definitely! That's why I have so few topics, but I spend plenty of time responding to topics of my friends that make good posts, so that way we both benefit.
@lilaclady (28236)
Thanks here is hoping people will put a bit more interest into the forum...
Hi Lilyclady, What is boring and trivial to one, might not be to another. Some individuals look for mindless dribble to take their minds off of their days problems. Others are looking to debate issues. What you find interesting, I might not. Who are we to say what is worthy or an interesting topic. We are but a minority in this vast gathering of world wide people. This in some individuals minds would fall into that category of why bother, just another non-interesting topic. Then others, such as myself have chosen to respond with a reply. Not necessarily what you wanted to read, but it is a response still the same. Thanks for allowing me to vent, I will now step off of my preverbial soapbox!
@SViswan (12071)
I agree about what is interesting to one person may not be interesting to another. But do you frankly think anyone would be interested in really knowing what colour my hair is? Or what my favourite food is? I say discuss something that interests you and someone else of the same wavelength would respond.
@lilaclady (28236)
Yes why start a topic asking what your phone number is...why ...I feel a lot of people won't get involved really unless the rating ticks over...thanks guys for responding..
@ausnikki (4055)
• Brisbane, Australia
I agree with you totally.Some of the boring topics are driving me nuts.It's annoying to have to sift through the drivel to find an interesting discussion
@lilaclady (28236)
but they can't take that smile off your face can they.... :)
@lkruger (92)
Agreed!
@lilaclady (28236)
thanks...:)
@briennekb (613)
Maybe it would help if everyone had a better idea of what a good topic is. I think the more controversy the topic, the more people will have to say about it.
@lilaclady (28236)
Possibly...lets hope things go that way....Thanks
I think agree for your opinion,good luck
@lilaclady (28236)
Thanks
@ChewySpree (1832)
I agree wholeheartedly. The problem seems to be that most of the well-thought out discussions require a bit more reading and someone can't answer as quickly. So those tend to be ignored in favor of the simpler questions, so those remain on top longer while the better ones sink to the bottom.
@lilaclady (28236)
yeh I agree and I think most will only respond for the point which really only occurs on the first responce so maybe if mylot wants real good discussions would maybe have to do a rethink on....
@The_Eagle_1 (1122)
You mean people don't do that...tsk..tsk peolpe..(said with a broad grin)hehe
@lilaclady (28236)
:0 thanks
@breezie (1247)
I totally agree that more interesting, productive discussions would be better than queations that serve no purpose such as What is your favorite color, Do you like fruit, When is your birthday, ect... I am getting tired of seeing posts like that.
@SViswan (12071)
I agree. I find very few interesting topics here.I'm still hunting for something really interesting to discuss or even learn about.
@lilaclady (28236)
Thanks I am glad you agree...
@Lovely_Lady (1524)
It's not so easy to come up with just a discussion. But seriously, people are just asking anything that is on their mind. I don't know.. I prefer to respond but then again, we need to keep writing discussions coming and going to keep this interesting and keep us busy.
@supersach (1523)
I agree with you my friend. I have seen too many of "What's your favorite colour?" kind of questions.
@lilaclady (28236)
Yeh I feel a bit of a dill answering the same silly questions, only once for me... thanks