Has any of you tried downloading videos from youtube recently?

Somalia
I did a couple of days ago and it said no flash video found. I thought there was just something wrong with my flash program so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my adobe, but the same thing happened. So I tried surfing around to see what's up, and I read somewhere thet youtube must have done something. Does anyone knows what's up and what can be done about it?
@rosdimy (3936)
I used a different downloader, called VideoSlurp. I use it occasionally. Two weeks ago there was a message that the YouTube web site was making changes (for the better). I had it upgraded when the program said there was a newer version. There is no problem in downloading video clips. There is a possibility that the video clips you wanted to download were blocked, or have been removed.
• Somalia
I think it was the youtube downloader... maybe they have a new version of that.
I use orbit downloader.. you can download it free. here's the link, http://www.orbitdownloader.com/.. ofcourse when you download it, it is in flv file so you need a flv player.
Friend there is not exactly a need for flv player as such files can played in real one player and also in media player classic and also in GOM player.
@happydan (12)
Hi.Thank you~I don't even know that we can download from youtube.Maybe next time,I'll try it. I'd like youtube very much!
• Somalia
well you're missing a lot then.. hehe... a few months back i just had to download their youtube downloader and then just paste the url of whichever video I liked downloading. But that's not working anymore.
I would recommend you to use Video-Zilla that downloads flv type of videos and music streams, the second thing you need to do after the download is of course the convertion of file. You need to convert the downloaded video or music in convert.viloader.net ... Cause sometimes offline video converter just doesn't respond to the output you want to.
• Somalia
ok.. If youtube does not work the way it should in the next days... I'll probably try that. I just don't like downloading too many programs so much, so i'll try that as a last resort. thanks.
Well.. it depends on the software you are using to download these videos.I use Internet download manager to download you tube videos.It is the best i found on the internet. The videos work perfectly fine. Try using it. You can also use vlc media player to play the videos on you tube.
• Somalia
I was using the youtube downloader that I downloaded from youtube itself, but it's no longer working.
@dhugoi (315)
Just alway keep your download software updated, so it could keep up with the latest revision on youtube.
@levite (1062)
I use realplayer plug-in to download youtube videos in Internet explorer. If you're using IE and you have realplayer software installed, you can download youtube videos in Internet Explorer. The download icon just appears when you play youtube videos. When I use firefox, the realplayer download icon does not appear.
• Somalia
Uh! I didn't know that. But I think I do have realplayer. I'll try to look for that icon next time. thanks!!
Friend i too face the same problem. Before i used to use firefox 3.0 version with that everything was alright. Later when i installed 3.5 version something. From that time i am not able to download videos directly from the browser. Later what i planned was whenever i wish to download any video let me know the link and copy paste it in the real one player browser from there i was successful to download the video. I think IDM[Internet download manager] is the best option to download the files what do you guys say. Comment so as to know the pros and cons.
Ya that was the same reply for me. So i stopped downloading using the you tube down-loader rather i use realone player downloader as it allows you to download any video file that is being played. Install the latest version of realone player. It works great. Let me know the result.
• Somalia
Thanks for the information. I think I can try that one.
Let me know with the result as i am too curious about to know does it works properly or not.
i did and i have no problem downloading and playing it. maybe depending to the video coz some video was already taken off that's why you can't play it. or perhaps theres a problem with youtube itself or the software for youtube downloader you have.
• Somalia
It is probably the downloader. I looked it uo online and the results I found that youtube might have made some changes.
@EliteUser (3966)
Hey, If you haven't fixed the problem with the YouTube downloader program, just update the program and you will see that it will work. That is exactly what happened to me just yesterday, and after I updated it, it worked! Make sure you have a good day, God bless and Happy Lotting!!
@lovedude (4453)
Well.. I have downloaded a song from youtube but there wasn't any problem. I am using download helper addon with firefox.. which is quite useful to download videos from many sites.
@ferdzNK (3214)
I just tried downloading one a while ago using Firefox with FlashGot addon and FlashGet and it was successful. Its probably just that particular file that you want has the problem.