People who listen to other peoples conversations

@jugsjugs (13042)
I hate that if you are on the phone or talking to one of your friends and you know that someone is listening to your conversation only to find out later that what ever they heard they got the wrong end of the stick as they only heard one person talking.What about you and what do you tend to do about it?
@happy6162 (3009)
I would stop talking to the other person on the phone and ask the other person if I can help them with something. Then when I caught back on the phone I would go to a private place and talk and if I could not fine a private place at that time I would tell the caller I would call them back later.
@Melbee11 (233)
I hate when poeple talk so loud you can actually hear their conversations. So people who talk loud I attend to listen to the most. Then after they look at me mean. It's like you should speak to loud than if you don't want me to hear.
@doormouse (4619)
i think it's incredably rude,if i'm in a bad mood i'll set them straight and let them know not to be so blinkin nosey,but if i'm in a good mood i'll just ignore them,cors i can't be bothered with people like that
@Ithink (10483)
For me if it is a call of a personal call and it was something that I think someone would overhear and misconstrue I would tell the person that I was talking to that I would have to call them back. Do I think that the person listening in is wrong? Yes, but most people are nosey by nature and that is just that. Now if they take anything that they might overhear in passing and run with it and spread rumors and lies it will show in time. That type of person I dont really even pay mind to or worry about. I guess Im one that dont much worry about what others say as I know what I do.
@kutedarsu (254)
That is a bad thing to do, in the first place. One should be conscious while talking over the phone simply to avoid any curiousity aroused, which makes people eavesdrop, listen to one half of the story and cook up the rest of it themselves.
@angryeve (705)
I think you're talking about a "professional but always wrong eavesdropper" lol. Well, I honestly hate people like that, it's really annoying especially when you and your friend is talking about something serious or a bit of a secret. There are just some people who likes eavesdrop and then eventually spread gossips.. grrr.. Well, I guess whoever that is, you should invite her here in mylot.lol Since someone's business is everyone's business here, right. lol
@Wizzywig (7858)
I'd either take the phone to somewhere else or ask the person on the phone if I could call them back "when its a bit more private" (so the eavesdropper would hear). I have said "I couldn't really say at the moment...." which gives the caller a clue that someone's listening. I hate it when I'm in the staffroom and people come in, call their partners and have arguments down the phone. I dont see why I should leave my lunch and go out but it makes me feel awkward to hear it so I suppose it just needs a bit of consideration on both sides.
i hate it, too! these types of people are most common in the workplace, oh, lots of them there. that is why, when i take a call, i am wary of eavesdroppers. i tone down my voice in talking to someone on the phone. and still, if i notice that someone has his ears on me, i will give him a hard look to let him know that i don't like it and if not, take a minute to request him to stay at a distance as i am answering a private call, or if i will go away if using the mobile unit.
@climber7565 (2579)
OH is all about character, so if you have to communicate something private, well there is a time and a place for everything. When I am in that situation I just make up stuff so them eve's droppers will go fly with nonsense thinking they got the 411 when they actually need the 911 lol
@danitykane (3191)
Hi jugs, Oh yes, I really hate people who listen to conversations. Specially the ones who made some gossips out from what they heard. It is sometimes crazy that some people enjoy doing that. I can't do anything about it even I wanted to tell that person "whats your problem?" LOL...because I might start an argue or a fight which I don't want to get into. What I usually do is I don't talk important conversations over the phone or to a friend when there are people around us that who are like paparazzi LOL. I just find a spot where there are few people around. :)
That is why I don't like talking to the phone with people around me don't know what our conversation is all about. I don't want people to get me wrong about what we are talking about. At home, I don't like talking to phone too, i just do texting. Because when I talk on the phone inside the house my parents will hear it. Of course they don't understand it, so they will ask me about it and I will do the explaining. Sometimes the topics on the phone they have no knowledge with so they don't understand even i explain so i just tend to do not talk on the phone or just go outside the house.
@PeacefulWmn9 (10424)
Hi Jugs. I would tell set them straight. And then after that, I would find a private place to talk or call the person back later if someone else is present, well especially if that same person who overheard and got the wrong idea was with me. I guess I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're asking lol. Who is this person listening to? You? Or the friend on the other end of the conversation? Because if it is the other person, then it's THEIR responsibility to clear up any misunderstandings, in my opinion. Karen
I agree. I don't like when people eavesdrop and think they got the whole story. Then, start rumors. I tend to go somewhere more private when I get the impression someone is listening to something I don't want them to. If that is not possible, I may give a look to let them know I don't appreciate it. If it is a friend, I usually will ask them to give me privacy. If it is a stranger, I may not care but I may say something as well.