I did go to work today for fear of typhoon

I have over-reacted, I suppose. This morning, I was very much worried for it was quite windy and rainy. Since our country has just recently been visited by a super-typhoon that flooded many parts of the Philippines, I feel more worried now that another natural calamity will happen. So, instead of going to work, (as early as 6:30 o'clock in the morning) I went to the bank and withdraw money, then I went to the grocery store and bought canned goods, milk for my daughter, biscuits, noodles and many other. I also bought raincoats, umbrellas, big cellophanes, flashlights, emergency lamps and medicines. After I have bought all of those (it was around 8:00AM), the weather was already fine. LOL . What a day!
@jules67 (2790)
So, you DID NOT go to work? That is good. It is better to be prepared and think first of your own safety. You are better safe at home with your family.
I was supposed to edit my title but it was too late for me .. LOL Yeah, I DID NOT go to work today . .. . I would prefer to stay and home and be with my daughter...
@jules67 (2790)
You did the right thing. It is better to be careful that regret it later on. Be safe!!!!
@jc_star10 (954)
It's okay. We must get ready for anything that might happened. We can call it over-reacted for now, but it's better be prepared than regret it later.^__^. Typhoon is quite destructive too, so we must be prepared..
You have work on Saturdays? That sucks! :p Anyway, I don't blame you for feeling paranoid. I was, too! Last Friday night, hubby and I did our weekly grocery shopping and the supermarket was filled to overflowing with people. I thought candles would be out of stock by the time we got there, but they were not. Instead, the shelves of noodles and canned goods, as well as the trays where the vegetables were supposed to be, were the ones that were almost empty. I guess people were thinking the same thing, to be better prepared this time. But yeah, I was expecting rain to pour down hard but we only got drizzles. My whole family and I stayed home the whole day. I only got hubby to go to the village gate for a while to buy a newspaper because one of our sons had an article that came out and I don't want to miss a copy :p I hope though that the northern part of our country was not too badly affected by Typhoon Pepeng.
@suzzy3 (8352)
I am not surprised you are jumpy that was one hell of a thing to go through,lets just say you are ready if if it happens again,poor you,Take care,sue.
@aseretdd (13736)
It is but natural for us to react that way... since a lot of those people who were affected by typhoon ondoy were unprepared... i myself did my own over reacting... by buying some groceries... charging my cellphon everyday just so it will be fully charged just in case... and i even cooked a lot of fried fish since i won't be able to cook anything when there is no electricity and it is raining hard... Well, at least we don't need to buy any groceries for the time being...
@savypat (20245)
Well just stay alert, I think your season is not over yet and you may get another one. Blessings to you and yours. Stay safe.
@anne25penn (3310)
Hello doris. It is better to be prepared for the upcoming storm. I have also stored on batteries and food, have stocked on water. Lets all hope that our weather bureau is wrong with the strength of the storm. And I don't tolerate panic buying, but its better to buy while we still have something to buy in the grocery.