Colby and Pete

@Trace86 (5033)
The latest casualties of the move. I will miss them both. What do you think of all the changes that this move from one coast to the other is causing? http://www.soapcentral.com/amc/news/2009/1005-moncrief.php [i]In a somewhat surprising move, Brianne Moncrief (Colby Chandler) has been released from her contract. The relative newcomer, who joined the cast of All My Children just over a year ago, will not continue with the show when it moves to Los Angeles next year. Moncrief has been without significant story since the show backed away from its love story between Colby and Pete Cortlandt. With ABC's decision to not relocate recurring players to Los Angeles, Daniel Kennedy (Pete Cortlandt) will not be relocating with All My Children. That may have influenced the decision to push Colby off the canvas. [/i]
@coffeebreak (17815)
They'll be recast probably. If not right away, then in the near future. I havn't been watching regularly as it is so boring... if I have to hear one more accusation about "who killed Stuart" I will scream. And to just know that Erica and Ryan are rolling in the hay is FAR 'TMI' to much information... I certainly don't want to see it. and David... will hell please freeze over and give him reason to get out of PV.. I am so tired of him. I appreciate that they have to have a bad guy in town, but he is not bad... he is disgusting and ludicrious and way over the top. And if I have to see Kendall one more time prancing around complaining about her husband doing ANYTHING after what he just did for her...I'll go balistic!!!!!!
@Trace86 (5033)
I wonder if this new Colby will be staying after the move. I sort of like her.
@coffeebreak (17815)
I hope so and I hope they make "something" out of her...instead of just a bimbo with money from daddy... which is all she's been for some time now! I really had a problem with that previous actress that played the character... something about that hair that just annoyed me to no end!!! Hope this one gets to work the chracter into something
@ladym33 (10990)
I don't understand why are they making this move? It seems like they are going to lose a lot of good cast members by doing so. Relocating like that just seems crazy to me. Are they trying to ruin the show. Are we going to lose half of the characters that we know and love. I am really worried they are going to ruin the show. Neither Colby or Pete really got a great chance to develop their characters. I am surprised they didn't bring more young people on the show and mix it up a little bit with Colby and Pete, have them each date someone else or a love triangle or something. They wasted the talents of these two young people, Colby's character had one good story line and I think that was when the other actress was Colby. It is a shame. I have been watching All my Children for about 24 years now and I think it is a shame what they are doing to the show.
@stealthy (8188)
I'm sorry to see them go since for a while they had a much more interesting storyling than any of the adults, especially Zach and Kendall, who I am just extremely tired of seeing and listening to.
@happy6162 (3009)
Seeing as neither has had much of a storyline I guess we should had expected it. Maybe Colby and Pete will leave town after Colby fines out that her mom lied to her about the baby. Pete will go along because he does like Colby alot. Guess we will have to wait to see what the writers have in store for the two of them.